Acura TL IB install featuring Obsidian and Sundown

Bah, wish I could use my 15" in a IB in my impala... But the gf wont allow it since she drives the car most of the time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Looks great though!
Wiped bastard lol... OP PM me I think I may try this but wanna know how it sounds and how hard it was...

OP PM me I think I may try this but wanna know how it sounds and how hard it was...
You'll need to email me (subs@obsidiancaraudio.com) - I don't do PM's on forums as I always disable them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Wiped bastard lol... OP PM me I think I may try this but wanna know how it sounds and how hard it was...
Not wiped,I just dont think my newborn baby would appreciate the OA 15" much. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I do not understand.

I can see that you have prevented the back wave from going into the cabin through the back seat but what prevents it from going up and through the rear deck and also what prevents it from distorting the rear speakers?

Flat to 20 HZ - you could sign me up for one right now

I just do see how it would really work that well.

Back in the day I heard plenty of IB setups, and not one of them sounded good at all.

Granted none of them were professionally done - nor were the subs near the quality of todays subs.

I think your install looks great and you have great skills - I am just not an IB believer (yet I hope)

I do not understand.I can see that you have prevented the back wave from going into the cabin through the back seat but what prevents it from going up and through the rear deck and also what prevents it from distorting the rear speakers?

Flat to 20 HZ - you could sign me up for one right now

I just do see how it would really work that well.

Back in the day I heard plenty of IB setups, and not one of them sounded good at all.

Granted none of them were professionally done - nor were the subs near the quality of todays subs.

I think your install looks great and you have great skills - I am just not an IB believer (yet I hope)
The rear deck in the TL comes from the factory already completely sealed off from the trunk. The left and right rear speakers have covers behind them that seal them off from the rest of the trunk. And immediately below all of the speakers in the rear deck is a full width and length metal divider that separates and seals off the rear deck from the trunk. Yes it is flat to/below 20 Hz. We may have the TL back up to the shop on Friday and I will RTA her car and post the results.

There are two mentalities on IB installs. One is to seal up every nook and cranny and have it COMPLETELY sealed off. The other is to not worry about all of that and simply put in a baffle. I did the latter in this install as there is a ~1" gap between the top of the baffle and the bottom of the rear package tray. It had to be that way in order to get the baffle to fit so close. I made a plate to seal up that gap in case the response was not as desired (AKA: if the LFE suffered any at all). The piece I made is still sitting in the shop because the response is clean down to, and below, 20 Hz.

Here is the RTA we did on the car today. Just as I thought - dead flat down to 20 Hz. You can see the decibel readouts below the graphical representation. There is a factory crossover on the sub that is apparently right at 63/65 Hz, but after that point from 50 Hz to 20 Hz there is almost no deviation.

RTA_OD12_installed_web.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.