Acura Legend Install Pics!!

Insomniac119
10+ year member

i can't sleep
First I installed the head unit. The shitty install kit forced me to modify it otherwise it would just hang freely in the dash. I made some metal tabs used duct tape to hold them to the plastic and a screw holds the whole thing to the dash. Overall I think it turned out pretty well, especially when I originally thought I was screwed.

legend015.jpg

legend027.jpg

legend014.jpg

Next was the amp. I mounted it under the passenger side seat. The wires where separated via zip ties so there'd be no noise, and they were easily covered up by the carpet protector thingy.

legend022.jpg

legend020.jpg

legend021.jpg

legend017.jpg

oh and yes, that is a 2 awg ground wire with an 8 awg power wire. I would of coarse used 8 awg for the ground wire as well, but ran out and had to go with the weldingsupply.com stuff.

continued...

legend026.jpg

Now it was time for the speakers. The woofers fit almost perfectly where the stock ones where, I just had to cut the back of the plastic basket they where in because of depth.

legend018.jpg

legend023.jpg

For the tweeters, I cut a hole int he door panel with a hole saw and flush mounted them.

legend024.jpg

legend025.jpg

And that was it. Two days of work. I felt bad wasting such a large trunk space by not putting any subs in it, so I bought it a new cooler. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

legend019.jpg

It would have been worth your time to acquire a small amount of matching wire, because two different gauges just doesn't work. Also running wires just under the floormats is a bad idea.

No, it works pretty well. You can't feel them under your feet and the floormat covers them up completely. The duct tape was a necessary evil. It sounds and looks good, so I'm happy.

it doesnt work good when someone goes and moves there feet on the floor mat, and pulls some wire out and your power wire touches a ground and sparks a carpet fire, and you wish you would have done it right the first time. i would invest my money into a little 45$ 4 gauge kit, and redo it. eveyrhting else looks good, and i would also get some shorter rca's

yea man run the wire in the door sill. And the duct tape, you should find something better, the HU is gonna get hot and the duct tape is gonna lose its stick, then youll be in a world of ****

I dont think the bigger ground is an issue but, you really need to gget those wires out from under the floor mats alittle rubbin from the floor mat and youll have bare wire or even worse like was said before a fire from a wire being pulled out.

WOW. You screwed the fuse holder to your fuse box lid //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Horrible install IMO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.