Acura Legend Install Pics!!

keep the 10 guage wire. that amp does what, 50x2? it needs like 20 amps TOPS.

as far as the wires under the carpet, thats horrendous. just take the trim pieces off and scoot them under the carpet. how hard is that.

as far as the ground goes, looks to me like a matching 10 guage ground and some sort of rubber tube on it.

whoever suggested the 4 guage wire. you must be eaither real stupid, or need some overkill. because it wouldnt even fit in the terminal lol.

other than the wires under the floor mats, it looks fine. and i doubt the doors need deadening because type R's cant pump out any real midbass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

sigh easy access ftw1!! come on now please put the wire under the carpet and post new pics we didn't say you didn't know what you were doing we just saying the undermat idea is ****ing retarded

No, it works pretty well. You can't feel them under your feet and the floormat covers them up completely. The duct tape was a necessary evil. It sounds and looks good, so I'm happy.

running them under your floormats is just pure lazyness...

You should run them under the carpet or thought the right side Bottom door panels.

IF you want a good setup then dont half ass it.. do it right and profit? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

sigh easy access ftw1!! come on now please put the wire under the carpet and post new pics we didn't say you didn't know what you were doing we just saying the undermat idea is ****ing retarded

werd.... if i would of taken my car to an installer and they would of done that id be pissed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif

legend015.jpg
yeah when your car is parked in the sun all day that duct tape is gonna go to ****... you should have at least used zip ties on there to hold those mounts on

WOW. You screwed the fuse holder to your fuse box lid //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Horrible install IMO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif
i screwed my fuseholder to my fusebox lid... u got a problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/waycrazy.gif.f4a380c3f94043939fd369defd9e6be2.gif

DSC02500.jpg

Yea, unless one is a dipshit and doesn't check the clearance of the top of the fuses to the lid, the fuse lid is probably the best idea. Unless you like drilling and making brackets and all sorts of ****. In the end, the same function is being performed, with no danger.

I'd suggest a small screw and nut to keep the tabs on each side. The way the trim looks, some thread and nut on the inside shouldn't damage the HU any.

Definitely not under the floor mat.

****, so much hate...
I've installed three complete systems (subs, fiberglass kick panels, ported boxes, caps, custom ****, everything) and countless miscellaneous **** for friends. I know what the **** I'm doing. I'm not bragging or anything, just letting you all know your fretting over nothing.

So quit *****ing.

The only thing wrong with this system hasn't even been brought up (I need to deaden the doors).
Not *****ing at you, but if you are gonna brag how much you know, you should show us you know how to properly hide wires. Cheaping out on not pulling the interior is an amateur maneuver. Frankly, Im amazed you took pics of wire running on top of your carpet, to post here. Did you expect praise for wire tying it together? Quit defending being lazy, we've all wished we didnt have to pull our carpet out, but we did it. So should you.
Cheers.

I dont think he was bragging, I think he showed his accomplishments. What he did there is fine, I wouldn't call it lazy, maybe just a bit of unexperience. Give him a break though guys constructive criticism is one thing, but when you call him a ****ing retard because of his instal, that is just immature and unprofessional. Offer him some good advice without the negative comments, and maybe he will take one of you seriously, and look into some minor changes. Enough said, nice car, I gotta 1994 Acura Legend LS and i LOOOOVE it. Try hiding 1/0 Wire under the side panels ^^ yea, they break. $40.25 for 1 piece of plastic trim.. I think i'll just deal with the crack.

Yea, unless one is a dipshit and doesn't check the clearance of the top of the fuses to the lid, the fuse lid is probably the best idea.
goes without saying... otherwise you dont need to be ANYWHERE NEAR a car with a screwdriver plz kthx //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

water through the floor mat's. to your wires can equal alot of damage to alot of diffrent things do it the right way and either run it along the side hidden , underneath the carpet, underneath the car sometimes people also do it:D.

yes because water can get in trust me i left alllll my windows down one night well lets just say we had a major storm i had like 2 inches of water in my floor board just sitting

all you have to do is run it under the carpet why did you try to run o awg under a trim piece i don't see that working in the first place before i was about to install

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.