active xover

RTA "might" help, but it's your ears you're trying to please, so use them as your guide.
Dead on. I don't compete because what I like, and what generally wins at competitions varies to the degree that it's pointless.

Anyway, make sure when tweaking, that you give yourself some listening time at each setting. That is once you reach the fine tuning stage. You'll also find that different songs, and styles of music will sound better at different settings, so make sure you stay consistent with what you tune with. Pick your 3 favorite songs. If you listen to 3 different genres of music, pick one song from each genre and use those to tune.

My three are:

Tool - Lateralus

Peter Gabriel - Steam

Duran Duran - Rio

If I can get those three to all sound good, I've got my system pretty dialed in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.