active head unit suggestions

Frijoles24
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hey guys. seems like ca.com reset its search fields and the posts i have done? i dotn know. but i couldnt find the page where somebdoy suggested some good head units for an active setup

i looked at the newer pioneer models, but since theyre new, doesnt seem to have many reviews from true audiophiles. i know the 880prs has gotten the best so far, and the other post about how its still unbeaten..

any suggestions on which i should invest in?

oh snaps im really liking the alpine 9887

haha that pioneer p99rs.. i came arcross that when i was looking for a unit.. and snaps. i wana hear that. way outa my price range tho =p maybe later when i get my doctorate =]

mm nice choices. img ona look into them more after i eat my meatloaf my wonderful gf made me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

thanks guys!

Eclipse 8053. I've used many, and came back to this.

The 880prs is a joke IMO, couldn't stand it. I also hate pretty much any Alpine deck minus the 7998 and H701 combo. Pioneer P9 would be my "affordable" dream HU.

anybody know about usb sourced headunits and the quaility of sound?

i was gona assume that newer units will be able to produce what i want, but seems like many people are liking older model head units. which dont come with the usb

anybody have experience with usb units running active?

do the jvcs sound good?

i haven't read anything about jvc head units yet, so its still unfamiliar to me

and that many people already has heard the p99rs? didnt it just come out?

i am envious of you people whose heard p99rs.

=p

i have a eclipse 8443 and love it for the SQ side of things...it could be for sale too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.