active head unit suggestions

haha yea i just found that site. **** that is one sexy unit.

i am going to go to japan on the 2nd of april... gona go visit my grandpops.

hmm... maybe?

haha =p

im also likign the eclipse7200

decsions desiions

seems ilke the one mentioned in the first post, the DRZ9255 seems to have many people favoring clarion over eclipse.

anybdoy have experience with clarions drz?

*edit. its unable to read mp3s unless i get ipod stuff. do not want

i guess so far, the units with usb interface ive come across are

Eclipse 7100

eclipse 7200mkii

Clarion dxz785usb

Clarion dxz775usb

jvc shx-850

jvc kd-sh1000

jvc ar8500

i know theres a few more with usb with 3way actives. but i gota sleep. work early in the morning

of these, anybody have comments about each? experiences? pros n cons

much appreciated!

if i where to go fully active kenwood x993 excellent h/u...

then the AC DQX with the dash display..

the x993 is a very clean basic h/u thats easy to use and has an excellent usb input.. the ac dqx is imo the best electronic xover, extremely clean easy to use and enough options to please anyone.. id put that combo up aginst the pioneer any day..

I can vouch for the Eclipse CD7000's, used to own one and absolutely loved it..also used to own an Alpine 9835 and currently am using a 9855 (the three active deck's I've owned) and I am actually starting to like the 9855 better than the previous 2 after just about a week of it being installed..many people say the glide touch is horrible but I love it. The Alpines are definitely worth looking into, I wouldn't count them out until you actually try some

if i where to go fully active kenwood x993 excellent h/u...then the AC DQX with the dash display..

the x993 is a very clean basic h/u thats easy to use and has an excellent usb input.. the ac dqx is imo the best electronic xover, extremely clean easy to use and enough options to please anyone.. id put that combo up aginst the pioneer any day..

KDC-X993 does NOT run active, shame since it would be awesome-r if it did. I guess adding the DQX makes up for the lack of bandpass but way too costly of a combo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.