Torn between two different HUs

ClovaGz

MD
Hello I'm new here and am looking for some advice on which head unit to go with. From what I can tell these are pretty similar in features and what not. I've found the Kenwood one for $302 and that's what is making is so difficult the prices are close and I know both brands are good. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Kenwood KIV-BT900 (kivbt900) - Car Stereo In-Dash Receiver at Sonic Electronix - Sonic Electronix

or

Alpine iDA-X305S In-Dash MP3/WMA/AAC/USB/iPod Car Stereo Receiver

Well, the Alpine has 105 s/db rating which is pretty good. The Kenwood does not specify. They both have 3 RCA outs at 2v each...I honestly think these decks are nearly identical. I suppose it comes down to whether you prefer Kenwood or Alpine....if it was my, I would likely go Alpine

i'd go Kenwood...the DVD is a simple 1 wire video bypass...the Alpine you have to use a PAC TR7 which sometimes doesn't work right...The Kenwood has better overall SQ than the bas Alpine....plus the Kenwood is easier to use.....

Well, the Alpine has 105 s/db rating which is pretty good. The Kenwood does not specify. They both have 3 RCA outs at 2v each...I honestly think these decks are nearly identical. I suppose it comes down to whether you prefer Kenwood or Alpine....if it was my, I would likely go Alpine
The Kenwood has contradictory info about the Preouts, in the summary it states it has 3 sets of 4V but in specs it claims 2 sets of 2 V

At any rate I'd go with the Alpine.

For Kenwood it's troubling that the signal to noise not being advertised (not a good sign), and I wish it had a pic of the back end so I could confirm what it really has on preouts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.