Acoustic phase

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kingcross017

italy
Hi everyone, nice to meet y all first[emoji6]

I have a question..

Do y think that listening is better if having front in normal phase with subwoofer inverted.., or opposite?

I know that this could have same effect but I noticed something different..

Have you any advice, opinion or experience about this?

Regards

Inviato dal mio SM-T335 utilizzando Tapatalk

Are you talking about having the sub out of the box, mounted with magnet sticking out, sounds different than if the sub was inside the box?

no he means phasing as in if the woofer moved out or in at certain times. my opinion is use whatever sounds better, distance plays a part as well as different manufacturers labeling terminals differently. like here on my computer my sub is right next to me about 4 feet away from my left foot and i can hear a distinct difference weather the phase is in or out of my satellite speakers. now when i had it further away about 15 feet in an opposite corner i had it set inverted to sound better.

Yes I meant this..

But I found that in the same system with same distance from me in the car, setup with subwoofer inverted and front in regular phase sounds not so good respect when I have front in inverted phase with subwoofer in nominal phase..

Yes I meant this..
But I found that in the same system with same distance from me in the car, setup with subwoofer inverted and front in regular phase sounds not so good respect when I have front in inverted phase with subwoofer in nominal phase..

Mainly this effects sound around crossover points, and yes, often inverting phase sounds "better" not only for sub but also mids or tweeters. If you have time on your hands to test it's worth trying every combination and writing down some notes as to what you think sounds best.

Mainly this effects sound around crossover points, and yes, often inverting phase sounds "better" not only for sub but also mids or tweeters. If you have time on your hands to test it's worth trying every combination and writing down some notes as to what you think sounds best.
Thank s for answer..I did it this I why I wrote.. and setup with sw in regular phase and front in inverted phase it seems me better than opposite even if apparently are same way..

Thank s for answer..I did it this I why I wrote.. and setup with sw in regular phase and front in inverted phase it seems me better than opposite even if apparently are same way..

It's all about the distance between each separate speaker and your ear. The ONLY way to dial it in perfectly is to test everything.

It's all about the distance between each separate speaker and your ear. The ONLY way to dial it in perfectly is to test everything.
I will try again every way to find the best one[emoji6]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.