About to purchase these 3 items, any last advice?

Hulk311
10+ year member

LA
OK, so I have made up my mind on the following three items and would like some last advice, particularity on the amplifier

CDT CL-E61NEO - audio Classic Series 6.5" Slim Mount Component speakershttp://www.woofersetc.com/p-5831-cl-e61neo-cdt-audio-classic-series-65-slim-mount-component-speakers.html

Sub: CDT QES-820 CDT Audio Regional Dealers

Amplifier: Soundstream P4.800 Soundstream P4.800 Picasso Series 800W 4-Channel Amplifier

The speakers are rated at 150 watt RMS @ 120Hz high pass and the sub is rated at Power Handling 400W RMS/800W MAX and the amplifier does:

4 ohms: 125 watts x 4 chan.

2 ohms: 200 watts x 4 chan.

4 ohm, Bridged: 400 watts x 2 chan.

Both the speakers and sub are 4Ohm. Can I use channels 1 &2 to give each speaker 125 watts and then bridge channels 3 and 4 together to give the sub 400 watts at 4 ohms?

[quote name='wanderer1']I would pm Trumpet and give him a chance to beat the price you're getting. Plus his advice is worth 2 cents when it comes to CDT[/QUOTE]
@mylows10; @trumpet;

Whats your budget for the amp OP? Soundstream is a decent budget amp, but not that great overall.

Woofers etc is not an authorized deAler. They carry mostly old stock. A lot of it is 5+ years old. And no Cdt warranty myself and trumpet carry new stock with full Cdt warranties

What car are these speakers going into? You've not yet posted that and it's important.
2013 Buick Verano, it's like a Chevy Cruze but quieter. Edmunds gave it 8/10 on how quiet it is while a Lexus LS 460 got 10/10. After I'm done with it it should be just as quiet as the Lexus Ls 460. I'm going to put Spectrum Sludge in outer wheel wells and the whole undercarriage. Going to switch from 18s to 16s and get Michelin Primacy tires. On the inside I'm going to put Damplifier Pro and then cover that with Luxury Liner Pro on the whole floor, doors, and firewall. I'm not going to totally seal off the CL-E61NEOs though, I read those bad boys like room to breath.

My car did not come with the BLOW sound system, so in the rear deck it has two cut outs for the 6x9 subwoofers (lol). I'm going to cover that with luxury liner pro so the trunk will be completely sealed off from the cabin. That's why I'm going to get the 8" sub and a 0.2 cu. ft. box and place it on the floor behind the passenger's seat. 99.9% of the time I drive alone so this should work fine.

What should the sub box be tuned to and can anyone here build one for me?

Here are the decibel levels on a stock Buick Verano:

Sound level @ idle (dB)40.8

Full throttle (dB)70.2

70 mph cruise (dB)61.8

As far as the speakers go I have no idea what the maximum depth is before the stock speaker grills have to be cut out (I don't want to cut them out that's why I want to buy the Classic CL-E61NEOs). I asked on two different Buick forums if someone could provide any information on the stock speaker depth or if someone has replaced the stock speakers with aftermarket ones and the depth of those...got zero replies.

2013 Buick Verano, it's like a Chevy Cruze but quieter. Edmunds gave it 8/10 on how quiet it is while a Lexus LS 460 got 10/10. After I'm done with it it should be just as quiet as the Lexus Ls 460. I'm going to put Spectrum Sludge in outer wheel wells and the whole undercarriage. Going to switch from 18s to 16s and get Michelin Primacy tires. On the inside I'm going to put Damplifier Pro and then cover that with Luxury Liner Pro on the whole floor, doors, and firewall. I'm not going to totally seal off the CL-E61NEOs though, I read those bad boys like room to breath.
My car did not come with the BLOW sound system, so in the rear deck it has two cut outs for the 6x9 subwoofers (lol). I'm going to cover that with luxury liner pro so the trunk will be completely sealed off from the cabin. That's why I'm going to get the 8" sub and a 0.2 cu. ft. box and place it on the floor behind the passenger's seat. 99.9% of the time I drive alone so this should work fine.

What should the sub box be tuned to and can anyone here build one for me?

Here are the decibel levels on a stock Buick Verano:

Sound level @ idle (dB)40.8

Full throttle (dB)70.2

70 mph cruise (dB)61.8

As far as the speakers go I have no idea what the maximum depth is before the stock speaker grills have to be cut out (I don't want to cut them out that's why I want to buy the Classic CL-E61NEOs). I asked on two different Buick forums if someone could provide any information on the stock speaker depth or if someone has replaced the stock speakers with aftermarket ones and the depth of those...got zero replies.
I can build you one man. I'm local too. Pm me.

I would go with a pair of 6x9 subwoofers over a single 8 in a sealed box the same size as the subwoofer's shipping carton. I would bet you would get fuller deep bass that you can feel and it would play louder. I have never had anyone get upset that I sold them more bass.

The Cruze does not require shallow speakers in the doors, and a shared platform car is not likely to have different speaker clearances. You will need some format of adapter/spacer bracket to fit your new mid-woofers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.