Garmin to purchase JL audio

I noticed a huge drop in the quality of Pioneer Head units a few years back as well, They were sold around that time too..
Since then I've seen a lot of reported problems on forums with newer units.

Oh yeah.... I hate my newest Pioneer.... :mad: My two 80prs are still great.

Last edited:
Oh yeah.... I hate my newest Pioneer.... :mad:

I went back to Sony recently and the unit works great. 5v outputs and no lagging when dealing with a usb stick with 400+ songs but there is no time alignment or active crossovers with this is unit and it costs 750.00 I got mine as open box for 325.00 shipped so not too upset but still..

It is a Sony XAV-AX8100

I know that some Honda cars come with Garmin navigation systems in them now. Just a matter of time before we see a Honda with ‘JL Audio premium sound’ on a dealership lot.

I went back to Sony recently and the unit works great. 5v outputs and no lagging when dealing with a usb stick with 400+ songs but there is no time alignment or active crossovers with this is unit and it costs 750.00 I got mine as open box for 325.00 shipped so not too upset but still..

It is a Sony XAV-AX8100

I have been leaning towards Sony AX5600 or Alpine ILX-507 next.

I went back to Sony recently and the unit works great.
Even back when Sony sold the really cheap lines they still had Mobile ES which were high quality and I used one of their head units in that era that was fantastic. I'm back to using their head units and they're all very nice and priced fairly. Seems like in the last 5-7 years someone over at their company decided to get serious about offering some quality 12V products again.

Even back when Sony sold the really cheap lines they still had Mobile ES which were high quality and I used one of their head units in that era that was fantastic. I'm back to using their head units and they're all very nice and priced fairly. Seems like in the last 5-7 years someone over at their company decided to get serious about offering some quality 12V products again.
I have noticed that the Majority of the new Sony HUs are offering a very nice Warranty beyond the 1yr marker that is incising towards a purchase on certain models on C.Field.. Example below

The last two amps I had on my front stage were a JL xd600.6 and then a Arc xdi1200.6 sold both and now I'm running a Pair of Sony GS-4 amps and have no regrets..

I'd like to try some of the new mobile es line like the 6 channel amp or the 3 way components but I'm too cheap these days lol.
Glad to see Sony making offering quality products.

As I recall Mobile ES went away with the Xplode era. It is nice to see Sony trying to produce quality 12v products again.

As I recall Mobile ES went away with the Xplode era. It is nice to see Sony trying to produce quality 12v products again.
Could be the cheap **** was right at the end of the ES. I did own the Big Red for a little while and head unit from that era. Sort of wish I hadn't traded away the amp.

It's sad to see jl sell out, but it's not like i was eyeing any of their new stuff anyway. They would be more appealing if their prices were borderline competitive. There's no way i would ever pay msrp for any new jl sub or amp. If i had endless money, i would choose Rockford Fosgate over jl.

And the amp to go with it, but Dyno's at 140 watts burst.

JLPYRAMID-amp.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...