Garmin to purchase JL audio

Yep. Soundstream comes to mind.
PPI as well. Image Dynamics seems to be hanging in there, but I imagine as soon as the get a new build house or migrate away from Eric Steven's old designs they'll go to shyt pretty quick. Seems like Pioneer's HU quality has dropped quite a bit in the last few years.

PPI as well. Image Dynamics seems to be hanging in there, but I imagine as soon as the get a new build house or migrate away from Eric Steven's old designs they'll go to shyt pretty quick. Seems like Pioneer's HU quality has dropped quite a bit in the last few years.
Tru dat! About 12 years ago, I grabbed two Pioneer DEH-80PRS HU's from a local shop that was going under. The owner sold them (one new and one display model) both for $350.00 total, cash, just to unload them and have some spending money (Divorce forced the biz sale). I am still using one and my brother who I sold the other too is getting ready to put it in his 68 Chevelle resto-bod. Awesome unit, one of the best HU's I've ever owned.

Screenshot (1214).png

Last edited:
Seems like this should be out of their wheelhouse. Although I'm really looking forward to hearing, "take a left in 1/4 mile, take left in 500 feet, take a left in 100 feet," at 112 decibels and in stereo.

I noticed a huge drop in the quality of Pioneer Head units a few years back as well, They were sold around that time too..
Since then I've seen a lot of reported problems on forums with newer units.

Meanwhile my Pioneer double din from 2010 still works 100% flawless.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...