Are DS18 audio items worth a try?

Participant count
  • Participant list
This brand is new here where i live and wondering if they are quality items providing really good sound.
You really need to look at the various models. I am running the Hoolagen, and it's a phenomenal piece of gear. DS18's run the gamut, something that always makes it harder to figure it out. I run Focal FPS A/B's to the frt and rears, DS18 hoolagen to the subs. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for!

Looked at both 8K and 10K offerings and they look identical in their respective specs. Most likely both are from the same Korean build shop. I would find which one you can buy for less can’t see you going wrong with the DD or the DS18 in this instance, look like they are basically the same amps. I’ve had great luck with the DS18’s refurbished units off of eBay, saved some serious $$ too. Have not owned the DD’s so can’t really say, would be happy with either product from what I can see.

I havent heard really anything bad about DS18 products. Im sure that its a nice/decent budget brand. There are other Brands out there that may be a better choice and much better build quality and real world/hands experiences on equipment for the money. I feel like the DS18 gear falls within the lines of other companies such as Lanzar,Crunch, Pioneer,ect.

If you want to try something that they have.. I would opt. out for a set of speakers or ? that isnt too expensive to get a taste of what they have to offer, and see if its what may meet your needs and budget

Some of their model lines are aimed at the budget minded, that's my biggest beef with DS18, way too many models to choose from. Their Korean and Brazilian amps are more on a par with DD, Taramps and CT sounds to name a few. The Hoolegans are right up there with the best, and you pay for them! They also have some cheep stuff that compares to the cheaper Pio’s and the like. The pioneer PRS and GM Champion Digital series are actually really good amplifiers for the money, I’s put them a cut above the Lanzar, Pyle, Crunch, Power Acoustk craptastic stuff, at least as budget stuff goes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...