About to purchase my first audio system and have a few questions..

Did it myself. Didn't take me long. I've yet to mess with it anymore. Dealing with some water leaks in my Tahoe and just replaced the tranny pan gasket.

Your in Israel? So much more $$ for things in other countries such as car audio.

Did it myself. Didn't take me long. I've yet to mess with it anymore. Dealing with some water leaks in my Tahoe and just replaced the tranny pan gasket.

Your in Israel? So much more $$ for things in other countries such as car audio.
Ye you got that right, taxes on things are high as **** (ESPECIALLY ELECTRONICS)

And no, I do not actually.

No, you guys need to learn how to teach people before you spout off insanities. You have to be able to reach your audience and if they dont understand technical stuff, you need to adjust. I could have given him all the possible info that exists, but if he didnt understand it, id have to repeat myself.

1 hour ago, Talontsi90 said:

Belittling doesn't work. Your method. He clearly didn't understand the difference. idk how many threads I've read where you come off like a di#$head doubt this will be the last. That doesn't reach anyone. Really don't know why you bother guess it makes you feel better about yourself idk. Ya come off like a d#$khead a lot tells me that's what you are. Can you not find a d#$khead or an as$hole forum to post on? What fing insanity's are you referring to anyway. Only person spouting off stupid s#$t on the forum lately has been you... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Learning is a process... My hats off to @Jeffdachef for his patience when he walked me thru Winisd

I just did not get it and he hung in there until it all clicked... well, mostly... lol

Giving advice on a forum should be done with the distinction of fact or opinion.

But when bad advice is given...

Usually what follows is not pretty.

My rule of thumb is this...

l5n5LiK.jpg

And oh boy... I sure took my lumps,  I just try to stick to what I know

I have had stereo systems for over 15 years and I would still consider myself entry level. It definitely deters folks from asking questions when the answers come in the form of an insult, even when the person responding isn't trying to be. In my opinion, Car Audio is extremely technical and difficult to fully understand. Especially when you want to evolve. Anyone can buy the basics and be happy bumping for years. I am at the point where I am financially capable and would like to explore more advanced features like Strapping amps, building enclosures, correctly tuning, etc. I have read numerous posts where simple questions are being responded to with "search the forums". It takes a long time to go through the search results on this site. It is way easier to simply create a new thread and hope some real veterans will help you out. 

That being said, please don't be a d!*# to me if you seem my threads asking questions that you may think are simple. 

Sorry to sidetrack your thread @chandlerr. LOL. Anyway, I have always built my systems on a budget as well so I understand where spending $500 on a head unit might seem crazy. ;)

On 5/1/2019 at 3:26 AM, Talontsi90 said:

Judging from the first video, I cant do Network if I add rears to my setup? (and want to run my component speakers actively, 2 channels for 2 tweeters 2 channels for the speakers and one for the sub) ?

what the real difference (SQ speaking) if I get coaxial fronts (or passive crossed component fronts) and rears and sub and run it Standard mode?

will it really sound better if I just go with a nice component (2tweeters 2mids) and a sub run actively via a 5 channel amp and thats it? just ditch the rears ?

You cant do network from the headunit, but if you have a 4 channel amp for the fronts, you can separate the tweets and mids that way, or by using an external 3 way crossover and a 2 channel amp for each set (edit) amp for rears and 1-2 channel for sub.

Most coaxials will never sound as good as a component set simply for the crossover quality. Now, there are some that are more like a component in that they are bi-ampable or have the tweeter wired separately from the mid with a proper crossover or external crossover. Kicker, Focal and a few others sell "coaxials" for use where space is limited, but are wired and sound like components. Some components are also "convertible" in that there is a phase plug that you can unscrew and screw in the tweeter sending the wires through the magnet and out the back side. Not sure who had them first, but Kicker has been selling them that way since the silver coned Resolution series that came out after the black paper coned ones.

Sorry, missed the last bit, YES, it will sound that much different using a 5 channel like that. When i first got an active crossover in my 90 Eagle Talon 20 years ago, i could not believe how much more musical my music sounded. And ive been a musician most my life and an audio engineer for slightly less than that. Its a night and day difference in a "normal" setup, meaning im sure there are some high end systems with passive crossovers that will blow your mind.

Kicker...Kicker...I swear that is all we hear from you!

And yes you can do network from a headunit..good grief! Especially the Pioneer DEH-80PRS! Which he happens to be looking at now that he can get one shipped there for 378 dollars with everything included.

You cant do network from the headunit, but if you have a 4 channel amp for the fronts, you can separate the tweets and mids that way, or by using an external 3 way crossover and a 2 channel amp for each set and 1-2 channel for sub.

Most coaxials will never sound as good as a component set simply for the crossover quality. Now, there are some that are more like a component in that they are bi-ampable or have the tweeter wired separately from the mid with a proper crossover or external crossover. Kicker, Focal and a few others sell "coaxials" for use where space is limited, but are wired and sound like components. Some components are also "convertible" in that there is a phase plug that you can unscrew and screw in the tweeter sending the wires through the magnet and out the back side. Not sure who had them first, but Kicker has been selling them that way since the silver coned Resolution series that came out after the black paper coned ones.

Sorry, missed the last bit, YES, it will sound that much different using a 5 channel like that. When i first got an active crossover in my 90 Eagle Talon 20 years ago, i could not believe how much more musical my music sounded. And ive been a musician most my life and an audio engineer for slightly less than that. Its a night and day difference in a "normal" setup, meaning im sure there are some high end systems with passive crossovers that will blow your mind.
what kind of rock have you been living under? Almost all modern pioneer and JVC has network mode capabilities. Even some cheapo 60 dollar head units has network mode, 13 band eq and 4 volt preouts nowadays.   adjustable slope from -6 to -24 db chooseable bandpass frequency from any range you want. 

Kicker...Kicker...I swear that is all we hear from you!

And yes you can do network from a headunit..good grief! Especially the Pioneer DEH-80PRS! Which he happens to be looking at now that he can get one shipped there for 378 dollars with everything included.
what kind of rock have you been living under? Almost all modern pioneer and JVC has network mode capabilities. Even some cheapo 60 dollar head units has network mode, 13 band eq and 4 volt preouts nowadays.   adjustable slope from -6 to -24 db chooseable bandpass frequency from any range you want. 
Both of you need to read the whole thread before you make worse asses of yourselves... You cannot do both fronts/rears and network mode from a HU.

IF anyone has been making an ass of themselves around here it is YOU! We've re-read the entire thread trust us and you need to stop with the stupid comments all over the freaking board!

I just saw your comment on the feed and I read "you cant do network from the headunit,"   

also @Coolhand20th he's talking about front and rear speakers.    

Technically you cant do network mode and front + rear speakers BUUUT you can do 2.1 stereo if the car is big enough to where you need rear fill for passengers aka a passenger van.

Literally front and rear tweet off channels 1 and 2, front and rear mids off 3 and 4.  you wont have level control over front and rear but you will have sound front and rear actively crossed over and hopefully the rears arent loud enough to where it messes up your soundstage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.