A sealed but ported box? Help

BrodieBiking

Hey guys,

Well I have a little issue I would like to clear up. I have a ford f 350 and I'm running 2x NCX VCW 104's behind the rear seat of the truck, and there isn't a lot of room. So I have a sealed box built to the correct dimensions for the woofers. (Sealed=0.65 c ft/sub - ported=1.0 c ft/ sub)

The box has an internal volume of 1.4 cubic feet. Should I keep the box sealed, or could I port the box? If so, what port dimensions?

Thanks!!

I honestly have mediocre carpentry skills at best. I found that it was a much better idea to have it built. If you compared my box to 007's you'd notice the difference in sound and quality immediately!!! He puts alot of thought into his products as well. Put your seat back as far as you need it then take some measurements and I bet he'd be able to design you a very nice box. I can honestly say that it was the best investment I've made in my substage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.