Building a new box.

Participant count
  • Participant list

GrindFrog
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alright so im deciding to make a new box for my hdc3 12" aluminum coil. I want it tuned around 34 hz. The box I came up with (going in a 03 rsx type s) is 24x16x16. I was planning on doing a L port, with 43 inches of port (4 wide 14.5 tall). I am using .75 mdf. I want the port facing up blowing on the rear windshield. Idk what way to face the driver probably up. Does this sound right or am I just box illiterate? A guy gave me box specs for 23x13x23 which is 3.9 cubes with 34 inches of port which seems way to big and that small of a port seems like it would be a high tuning? This will be the second box I have built and im just trying to figure out more how to do it.

A big box with a low amount of port area will most likely be tuned lower unless the port is short.

If it were my car I'd probably try sub up port back first.

Ive tried with the box i have and it sounds better with te port up, idk if its the angle of the glass? So 3.9 cubes isnt too big? I have been told 2.5-2.7 cubes. I have a box at 2.6 cubes and i fucked the port up. But 2.6 cubes barley fits, i could go a tad bit bigger but not much probably 2.8-2.9.

I would do sub up and port up and then use a baffle to seal off the cargo area....will work out nicely and get plenty loud and move a large amount of air if done correctly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.