a problem with my car deck

ichrono21
10+ year member

Toronto
why is this?

i put a cd in and it ejects it a couple seconds later... when i switch to AUX to play my mp3 the amp turns off and when i go back to FM the amp turns on

sometimes when i try to change the volume it wont... i'll push the volume up or down button but nothing happens and once when i went to turn on my radio it tried to load then it turned off

are you useing a burnt disk?

also you have used the wrong REM turn on wire. not shure what deck you have but if there is a solid blue wire thats your power antenna wire (only powered when radio is ON, NOT ON when you have a cd, etc playing) then you should have a blue with a white stripe wire that is constant power anytime the radio is on, regardless of wich soruce you have on.

as for the other problems. not shure.

are you useing a burnt disk?
also you have used the wrong REM turn on wire. not shure what deck you have but if there is a solid blue wire thats your power antenna wire (only powered when radio is ON, NOT ON when you have a cd, etc playing) then you should have a blue with a white stripe wire that is constant power anytime the radio is on, regardless of wich soruce you have on.

as for the other problems. not shure.
so your solution (use the blue wire with the white stripe) will enable me to use my mp3 player?

this is the car deck i have

http://www.bestwebbuys.com/electronics/JVC_KW_XC777_Radio_/_CD_/_cassette_player-4275461.html?isrc=e-search

and my amp if it matters

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-X600-1-XENON-MONOBLOCK-AMPLIFIER-AMP-NEW_W0QQitemZ300010397535QQcmdZViewItem

yes. you have to use the REM turn on wire from the deck (blue white) dont use the antenna turn on wire (blue)
ok... maybe its that i cant remember at the moment (i'll check tomorrow) but when i took my deck out i just hooked up a blue wire that came with my amp kit... i dont remember there being any other loose wires or extras that came in the kit or with the deck/car

is that a possibility or am i wrong?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.