A little help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alanf85

I have been out of the car audio scene for a long time and would like to get back into it. I was looking for some advice from everyone. I have an 05 Honda Accord 4 door with everything stock. I am interested in doing a budget build for under $350. I have been trying to read some of the threads that have already been posted and have an idea of what I want.

1 - 12” subwoofer d4

The amp around 400-600 Watts rms

Box would be sub recommended spec for ported.

I listen to mostly rap/hip hop and electronic music.

It would be nice to get a setup that would be “enough” bang for the buck if you will. I am not interested in super high spl and maybe even leaning towards sq setup.

The subs I have looked at and liked are the Fi Alpha 12,

The sundown sa or e series. Some where along those lines.

For an amp I liked the rf prime 500, and I seen people talk about the PPI 1000.

I hope I’m not wasting anyone’s time just trying to get some decent advice.

Thanks in advance

I have been out of the car audio scene for a long time and would like to get back into it. I was looking for some advice from everyone. I have an 05 Honda Accord 4 door with everything stock. I am interested in doing a budget build for under $350. I have been trying to read some of the threads that have already been posted and have an idea of what I want. 1 - 12” subwoofer d4

It would be nice to get a setup that would be “enough” bang for the buck if you will. I am not interested in super high spl and maybe even leaning towards sq setup.

Thanks in advance
i think you are on the right track! the alpha and prime 500 is a good setup if you can go with something a tad more powerful go for it..

I have been out of the car audio scene for a long time and would like to get back into it. I was looking for some advice from everyone. I have an 05 Honda Accord 4 door with everything stock. I am interested in doing a budget build for under $350. I have been trying to read some of the threads that have already been posted and have an idea of what I want. 1 - 12” subwoofer d4

Thanks in advance
yeah man u have good taste.. idk if anyone would call E sq sub in fact i've seen peeps say they are not but some of that is the box.. 1st are u doing ported box?, highly recommend that for all 3 of these subs on low power.. my p1000 does really well and i almost bought the FI (in fact wish like he*l i did right now my sub is messing up) i just run it at 2 ohm.. p1000 would be good on any of those, fi is 2ohm svc so that would be great with ppi just turn gain down a tad, same with E... the sa u may wanta run at 1 ohm on that with gain low just so u have extra power (this is what everyone told me when i looked at sa).. 1 guy here just got box about like mine with sa and i think 500rms and he said basically it's not enough power.. i would go with bigger than a 500 so u don't end up buying bigger amp next yr..

yeah man u have good taste.. idk if anyone would call E sq sub in fact i've seen peeps say they are not but some of that is the box.. 1st are u doing ported box?, highly recommend that for all 3 of these subs on low power.. my p1000 does really well and i almost bought the FI (in fact wish like he*l i did right now my sub is messing up) i just run it at 2 ohm.. p1000 would be good on any of those, fi is 2ohm svc so that would be great with ppi just turn gain down a tad, same with E... the sa u may wanta run at 1 ohm on that with gain low just so u have extra power (this is what everyone told me when i looked at sa).. 1 guy here just got box about like mine with sa and i think 500rms and he said basically it's not enough power.. i would go with bigger than a 500 so u don't end up buying bigger amp next yr..
The big reason I didn’t want to go much higher than 500 rms is I do a lot of driving and don’t want to go crazy with the budget as I’m not sure when it will be time for a new car, and didn’t want to go crazy with the big 3 upgrade along with the other stuff for the higher watts.

Basically I would love a nice solid 12” so I can get some decent quality while being able to hit hard (in perspective) on my limited budget.

Thanks for the feed back guys.

I did a budget build for one of my friends with a Sundown E 15 ( used $60 ) and a rockville db14 2000rms amp ( $129 new, cea 1000 watts so probably 750-1000 true rms) and built a box ($50, 4cu ft at 34hz) and used a knukoncepts 4ga kit ($30ish) and its very impressive. This was in a 2008? maybe, Nissan Altima 2.5 and it doesnt im the lights out

The big reason I didn’t want to go much higher than 500 rms is I do a lot of driving and don’t want to go crazy with the budget as I’m not sure when it will be time for a new car, and didn’t want to go crazy with the big 3 upgrade along with the other stuff for the higher watts. Basically I would love a nice solid 12” so I can get some decent quality while being able to hit hard (in perspective) on my limited budget.

Thanks for the feed back guys.
yeah my p1k $169 at 2 ohms over 900rms and i have no head lite dimming at all., i do have agm battery (get 1 of those at advance next time u need a batt) yeah biggest way to save $ is make your own box i didn't and it cost me.. if u must go with 500 get the fi it will be most efficient one., see if u can get just little more power get the E but ppi tested at 600 @4ohm 930 @ 2 ohm it's hard to find another 750 amp for less than that.. we have some good used amp come through here.. had a memphis 1200d $120 last month..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.