Participant count
  • Participant list

Sub Woofin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
California
wasup everybody! i recently installed this setup last weekend and what im noticing is spring is here and my amps get HOT even before i turn on the car. i know it may be my black interior or the tinted rear windshield thats causing heat, so what im asking is how would you keep these amps cool? adding fans, moving to a different part of the vehicle? any suggestions welcome. thanx in advance

29ptgkl.jpg

23sdx8i.jpg

x1jdhj.jpg

aes2hj.jpg

BTW the car is a 2000 Camaro

yes, you could mount computer case cooling fan(s) to keep them cool. make sure you get the 12v ones, not the 5v fans. if you are just going to hook them to the remote turn-on from the hu, then it is a good idea to install a relay to drive all of your perephrials and trigger it by the hu..... they have all different kinds of cooling fans as far as design, colors, lighting, noise level, cfm, etc, so options are endless to meet your needs, and look good.

yes, you could mount computer case cooling fan(s) to keep them cool. make sure you get the 12v ones, not the 5v fans. if you are just going to hook them to the remote turn-on from the hu, then it is a good idea to install a relay to drive all of your perephrials and trigger it by the hu..... they have all different kinds of cooling fans as far as design, colors, lighting, noise level, cfm, etc, so options are endless to meet your needs, and look good.
should water cooling be considered an option? i like the fan idea

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.