A few questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

502CEC
10+ year member

First, is a line driver for increasing the out put of your RCA's, like to keep the signal strength strong for hooking up multiple amps?

Second, How many amps can safely be hooked to the remote wire off the deck?

Third, My car has onstar and bose, so I had to use a digital wiring harness. Once I have a mids and highs amp and dont need the factory amp, cant I just unhook all that mess (digital wiring harness) and use the costant, 12v turn on, and the ground to the original factory harness?

The line driver simply increases the pre-out voltage. Not necessary to run multiple amps, and most just add noise.

Two amps are fine. More than two, I use a relay.

The digital harness is required for all GM vehicles with a Class II Data Bus.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.