a few questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Damian Romero
10+ year member

ok i got an rockford punch 325.1 and a kicker L5 10 (comes in the kicker truck box), first question, is it better to put the box behind a seat facing foward, in the middle, or facing backwards (i got a single cab 2005 f150)

ok the amp does 386 @ 2 ohm, and 1100 max power (thats what it said on the paper)

ok i set the gains to 27.8 volts ac (according to the calculator), and now its fine on the 50hz bass tone...but i left it hooked up and lpayed a few songs (mainly bass) and it never goes pass 15 volts...and its kinda quiet, just wondering if its safe to turn the gain up a little bit more (i played about 30 diffrent sogns and only a few got up to the 20s for volts)

did i set the gain correctly?, also what is so evil about the bass boost knobs

it calls for 27.8 volts when setting gains...lets say on one or two songs it goes to 28 or 29 volts...will that hurt my amp?

and just to make sure, to wire a 2 ohm sub to a 2 ohm amp, just put + to + and - to - on the same side of the amp, right?

thanks for the help

ok i got an rockford punch 325.1 and a kicker L5 10 (comes in the kicker truck box), first question, is it better to put the box behind a seat facing foward, in the middle, or facing backwards (i got a single cab 2005 f150)

ok the amp does 386 @ 2 ohm, and 1100 max power (thats what it said on the paper)

ok i set the gains to 27.8 volts ac (according to the calculator), and now its fine on the 50hz bass tone...but i left it hooked up and lpayed a few songs (mainly bass) and it never goes pass 15 volts...and its kinda quiet, just wondering if its safe to turn the gain up a little bit more (i played about 30 diffrent sogns and only a few got up to the 20s for volts)

did i set the gain correctly?, also what is so evil about the bass boost knobs

it calls for 27.8 volts when setting gains...lets say on one or two songs it goes to 28 or 29 volts...will that hurt my amp?

and just to make sure, to wire a 2 ohm sub to a 2 ohm amp, just put + to + and - to - on the same side of the amp, right?

thanks for the help
bass boost knob causes distortion and most songs don't have 0db tones in them which is why your voltage dropped

bass boost knob causes distortion and most songs don't have 0db tones in them which is why your voltage dropped

so would it be better to go ahead and set my gain by going off of a bunch of songs?

also what about my other questions

thanks man!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.