a few questions on HID and LED headlights.

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
I want to get either hid or led headlights but not sure if the extra money for led is worth it. is it? How about highlights? does teh same bulb do both high and low beams for both hid and led ? Looking for opinions, thanks.

I want to get either hid or led headlights but not sure if the extra money for led is worth it. is it? How about highlights? does teh same bulb do both high and low beams for both hid and led ? Looking for opinions, thanks.
And I do not believe LED bulbs will do high and low. Atleast not yet. And HID has a wider light span than LED. They're more focused it's hard to displace LED light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LED is still pretty new and not all are available.

This is my 3rd set of HID's. Your better off getting a "kit" which will include new headlamps.

b1ed624a3ecbd00ff0c28623ac697b2e.jpg

I ended up going with HID - I just tinted my windshield too - I have all windows tinted now

Because I can ...

Not only stupid, but also illegal in some states, if not all.

Just don't see the point tinting the window you mostly see out of 99% of the time.

Not only stupid, but also illegal in some states, if not all.
Just don't see the point tinting the window you mostly see out of 99% of the time.
I'm a good guy but bend the rules sometimes - I like the way it looks and I see alot of cars with even darker 20% on all windows daily around here - it's no big deal. I only got 45% and it's good from in looking out but it's looking in where it's dark. I drove behind a cop car doing 25 for over a mile on Monday and never worried one bit and he didn't seem to give a crap either. Depends where you live, out here cops got bigger fish to fry.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

abc77c1b7c874f26bd6b39253f12cb0a.png

Your basically repeating what I already said, only different.

Not sure what that pic is supposed to show me....it's dark outside.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.