A few questions on Aeroports.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Full Tilt
10+ year member

Bonafide MAFer
Iowa
Hey guys. I've been designing slot ported enclosures for a while, but a guy on another forum suggested an aeroport box for me to save space in my car, which I'm now trying to design. However, I do have a few questions about aeroports.

1. He said to keep the port as far away from the sub, what's that about? Is there a certain distance that works best, or doesn't it matter at all?

2. Is there a certain amount of space that should be kept between the inside end of the port and the wall of the inside of the box?

3. Flares - what're they for? What do they do? Do I need one on both ends of the port, just 1, or neither?

4. Do aeroports generally peak on frequencies more than slot ports? What're the pros/cons of each?

Thanks in advance for any input fellas. I'll put my design up here and see what you guys think after I'm done.

(By the way, I used http://www.psp-inc.com/tools.html ...would it be safe to use the numbers it gave me?)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.