Amp rack help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

rdlyn13000
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I built this box for my 10 which im pretty happy with the sound, I still think it could be better but will do for now. yesterday I built a quick amp rack which im kinda happy with but at the same time not happy with (if that makes sence)

So Im looking for recommendations on how to either finish this off or change it up a little? What do you all think, how can I make this look better? And I know my power wire looks like **** but its just a little to short to hide it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

5b955622.jpg

22cb0fb3.jpg

you could roll it down with jl lettering straight,and bring the amp approx 2in up from the surface(may have to make another rack mount piece)cut approx a 3in oval opening at bottom area for your wiring to come through, and home depot sells a light weight rv/out door grey carpet looking rug 6x8 for like $20, and spray adheesive for about $4wrap it up slice the opening for wires come through.do a bottom piece too/plate to be able sit flat to screw to surface, andbe able to attatch a 2x2 block flat to that, and screw the amp plate to that for stability.when mounting that amp too,i recommend you place like 5-6 washers under each foot to get the amp off of the flat surface to help for air circulation rather than sitting flat collecting heat.you will have enough carpet left to wrap your box also.thats what i have done for amp rack exposed in several vehicles, and looks good/secure also..not expensive to do, but looks like it cost to have had it done..just my 2cents:D

Good info man! I have noticed that sense I mounted that map I think it's cutting out a little? Even smelt a little electrical smell so I shut it down. I think I'll get some spacers on there ASAP!

Good info man! I have noticed that sense I mounted that map I think it's cutting out a little? Even smelt a little electrical smell so I shut it down. I think I'll get some spacers on there ASAP!
that will help out..later on..if you can swing $30 or so..i recommend a crossflow fan has /puts out approx 50+cfm keep her running even cooler since amp is mounted in trunk.can be wired off of amp remote, and supply/ ground so comes on/off when amp kicks on and off:)

That's a great idea as well! I'm trying to swap the 500 watt out for a 1000, I'm not sure if the 1000 will run cooler or warmer then the 500 but either way a fan is a good idea...

It's weird when u had the amp just "floating" around back there it never got warm but now it does sense I mounted it. Looks like I'll be throwing spacers in tonight!

Ok spacers are installed, hopefully she runs cooler now! I ran into a very weird wiring issue the ill get more in depth to tomorrow. Until then kelp the info coming!

Ok spacers are installed, hopefully she runs cooler now! I ran into a very weird wiring issue the ill get more in depth to tomorrow. Until then kelp the info coming!
good deal man...curious to find out the issue...always curious:D

got a new amp and need some ideas for where to mount the amps. heres what i have right now, what can I do to make it look better?

P.S. dont mint the wood blocks all over, they are just temporary so the box doesnt slide around...

d57453be.jpg

40481a57.jpg

got a new amp and need some ideas for where to mount the amps. heres what i have right now, what can I do to make it look better?
P.S. dont mint the wood blocks all over, they are just temporary so the box doesnt slide around...

d57453be.jpg

40481a57.jpg
You ever figure this out?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.