A few questions about sound deadener

AgEnT
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
1. What are some reliable, not too expensive brands of sound deadener that will not fall apart on me?

2. About how much square foot is needed to do an average size car trunk?

3. How hard is it to install?

I have no experience in sound deadener so i need some opinions. Thanks for the help and if you know anyone or where i can get some it would be geatly appreciated.

Bang for the buck I would recommend Raamat for deadner. I have used it in a couple installs and like it a lot. For the whole trunk deadened properly will take anywhere from 25-50 sq ft on average for good coverage. Its not hard but it is time consuming and not very fun to do.

Bang for the buck I would recommend Raamat for deadner. I have used it in a couple installs and like it a lot. For the whole trunk deadened properly will take anywhere from 25-50 sq ft on average for good coverage. Its not hard but it is time consuming and not very fun to do.

This is true. I have nothing but good things to say about Raamat.

depending on what kind you get, the amount of work will vary.

if you get asphalt based deadener, you'll need to thrououghly clean the area and make sure it's dry. you may wanna use some spray adheisive on the area. then you want to heat the deadener. when you stick it it will not come back up so make sure it is in the right location. the advantage to asphalt based is it's cheaper

butyl based is basically peal and stick

Thanks for the responses. My friend is going to get his done before i decide to do mine so i will see how it turns out. He wants me to find him a decent sound deadener. Raamat looks nice, ill look into that. What about other brands like eDead, Fatmat, etc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.