a few Alarm install questions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

dsgb610
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm installing a viper 350v alarm in my 83 Silverado no remote start. A few questions...

Do I run the +12v constant direct to battery or should I tap into the fuse box? I have a few +12v slots avail... Im just trying to think like a thief and I do not know which is better. If I did run it to the battery and the alarm wire was cut.. would the starter disable still function?

Also If I wanted to use the factory horn instead of the siren, would I just use the horn output wire to a relay then connect relay to horn?

Do I need a relay for the flash output?

That's all my questions. thanks for any help you wizards may provide.

I'm installing a viper 350v alarm in my 83 Silverado no remote start. A few questions...
Do I run the +12v constant direct to battery or should I tap into the fuse box? I have a few +12v slots avail... Im just trying to think like a thief and I do not know which is better. If I did run it to the battery and the alarm wire was cut.. would the starter disable still function?

Also If I wanted to use the factory horn instead of the siren, would I just use the horn output wire to a relay then connect relay to horn?

Do I need a relay for the flash output?

That's all my questions. thanks for any help you wizards may provide.
1= its up to you.

2=cutting the wire will disable it.

3=yes use a relay.

Thanks man. You have answered all my questions.. Looks like I will get that back up battery also Ive been searching and I will need a relay + flasher in order to pulse the horn.. correct?

ya they have backups for alarms.

or if you have any batteries in the back for your audio...

i dont think you will need a flasher..

yours should have a setting to switch from siren to horn.

i never used horn. i have 3 sirens on my alarm, plus my battery bank is my backup ..

I just ordered the dei batt off amazon for $25. I would rather keep the factory horn sound man I cant stand the "chirpiness" of an siren but maybe I will go with a siren after all. Thanks for all your help..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.