99 Tahoe lights

Kinda old thread but....I put some HID headlights on my Tahoe last summer.

One of those DIY kits. Well worth it. Got everything I needed and then some.

Kinda old thread but....I put some HID headlights on my Tahoe last summer.
One of those DIY kits. Well worth it. Got everything I needed and then some.

So you bring up an old thread to say that you blind the fuck out of everyone on the road with your cheap plug and play HID kit in headlights made for halogen bulbs?

My current head lights are stock and are dull and dim. I would like some new after markets that don't look cheesy.

I don't think hid lights with my stock lights would work well, they look dingy.

I had inquired about some tail lights but the seller said they didn't work with barn doors. So I wanted to see what brands you guys had.

Thanks

I just bought normal clear chrome housing headlights for my truck, and clear red tail lights. The LEDs have that fast flash like if you have a bulb out i didnt like that.

At first i just painted my stocks

But then i gor a ticket because "they were too dark"

So then i bought these clear ones that resemble the 08-13 tail lights

These are the chrome housing clear headlights

Lmc is stupid expensive, i got them off of ebay for like $60bucks the headlights and $65 the tail lights. Now keep in mind these are for a 1988-1998 you might need different ones. Since yours is a 99,

The turn signals are actually the factory ones just painted. I removed thebulbs aswell

Spyder makes nice LED tails for my Tahoe (04). Different body style but I'm sure they make something for yours as well.

Don't remember what brand we put on our 99.. But it had barn doors too.

Lmc is stupid expensive, i got them off of ebay for like $60bucks the headlights and $65 the tail lights. Now keep in mind these are for a 1988-1998 you might need different ones. Since yours is a 99, The turn signals are actually the factory ones just painted. I removed thebulbs aswell
I've thought about doing that, but I've heard you get cheap plastic that fades and gets foggy over time so I was hesitant. Sounds like you've had a good experience though

I've thought about doing that, but I've heard you get cheap plastic that fades and gets foggy over time so I was hesitant. Sounds like you've had a good experience though
it is cheap plastic and it does fade and turn yellow overtime, but the lmc ones are literally the EXACT SAME product, im sure they all come from the same warehouse in china, this is my 2nd set of them though the first set broke, the lens glue wasnt strong and the lens fell off while i wass driving. bbut this set seems to be good, no issues yet since last august.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.