99 Tahoe lights

speedyjuarez

Premium Member
Premium Member
Does anyone have after market LED tail lights or after market head lights that they would recommend? I'm looking into buying some head lights and tail lights but I'm not sure on what to get or where to buy them.

99 chevy Tahoe

Thanks guys

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
Kinda old thread but....I put some HID headlights on my Tahoe last summer.

One of those DIY kits. Well worth it. Got everything I needed and then some.

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
Jan 22, 2010
Florida
Kinda old thread but....I put some HID headlights on my Tahoe last summer.
One of those DIY kits. Well worth it. Got everything I needed and then some.
So you bring up an old thread to say that you blind the fuck out of everyone on the road with your cheap plug and play HID kit in headlights made for halogen bulbs?

OP
S

speedyjuarez

Premium Member
Premium Member
My current head lights are stock and are dull and dim. I would like some new after markets that don't look cheesy.

I don't think hid lights with my stock lights would work well, they look dingy.

I had inquired about some tail lights but the seller said they didn't work with barn doors. So I wanted to see what brands you guys had.

Thanks

C1500martin

CarAudio.com Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
Cali
I just bought normal clear chrome housing headlights for my truck, and clear red tail lights. The LEDs have that fast flash like if you have a bulb out i didnt like that.

At first i just painted my stocks

But then i gor a ticket because "they were too dark"

So then i bought these clear ones that resemble the 08-13 tail lights

These are the chrome housing clear headlights

wew lad

wew lad inc
Mar 22, 2015
MA
lmc truck usually has a good price on GM stuff

i think my headlight housings were in there new for like 100 or 150

C1500martin

CarAudio.com Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
Cali
Lmc is stupid expensive, i got them off of ebay for like $60bucks the headlights and $65 the tail lights. Now keep in mind these are for a 1988-1998 you might need different ones. Since yours is a 99,

The turn signals are actually the factory ones just painted. I removed thebulbs aswell

SounDrive

www.soundrive.audio
Pro Seller
Apr 10, 2013
Lebanon, TN
Spyder makes nice LED tails for my Tahoe (04). Different body style but I'm sure they make something for yours as well.

Don't remember what brand we put on our 99.. But it had barn doors too.

wew lad

wew lad inc
Mar 22, 2015
MA
Lmc is stupid expensive, i got them off of ebay for like $60bucks the headlights and $65 the tail lights. Now keep in mind these are for a 1988-1998 you might need different ones. Since yours is a 99, The turn signals are actually the factory ones just painted. I removed thebulbs aswell
I've thought about doing that, but I've heard you get cheap plastic that fades and gets foggy over time so I was hesitant. Sounds like you've had a good experience though

C1500martin

CarAudio.com Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
Cali
I've thought about doing that, but I've heard you get cheap plastic that fades and gets foggy over time so I was hesitant. Sounds like you've had a good experience though
it is cheap plastic and it does fade and turn yellow overtime, but the lmc ones are literally the EXACT SAME product, im sure they all come from the same warehouse in china, this is my 2nd set of them though the first set broke, the lens glue wasnt strong and the lens fell off while i wass driving. bbut this set seems to be good, no issues yet since last august.

Boomin_tahoe

10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
So you bring up an old thread to say that you blind the fuck out of everyone on the road with your cheap plug and play HID kit in headlights made for halogen bulbs?
Woah, what's with the attitude??

Oh btw, it's not any diff than if someone with a loud Harley Davidson motorcycle vs. a very loud stereo.

OP
S

speedyjuarez

Premium Member
Premium Member
Woah, what's with the attitude??
Oh btw, it's not any diff than if someone with a loud Harley Davidson motorcycle vs. a very loud stereo.
All the newer F350s 2013 and up have bright head lights. I get brights flashed at me often in my 2013 F350 at night, just got a 2014 F350 but haven't driven at night but I imagine its the same. Even some of the newer dodge trucks and chevy trucks blind me with low beam factory bulbs.

Boomin_tahoe

10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
yup...i see a lot of vehicles newer than mine with pretty bright lights.

Even older vehicles as well.

lew-e

C3G
10+ year member
Feb 4, 2009
Ohio/Illinois
Those vehicles will blind you exactly 75.3% less than a car with stock housings and drop in HID. More often than not I find myself blinded by those trucks because their lights sit at eye level in my car

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Boomin_tahoe

10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
I don't think you know what the meaning of the word "blind" is.

Perhaps very bright for a brief period of time is what your looking for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds