99 Accord 4th order blow through

you got that backwards
I'm just going off charts I've seen from a single driver (I forget which) charted up in WinISD. I never researched them since no one ever asked to make a BP and I'm a fan of simple sealed boxes for my own installs.

i see you put them sexy type x to work!!!
GEE YEAHHH, haha. It's crazy how they sound good on both rap and sound AMAZING on rock. It even plays those chopped and screwed songs pretty **** loud too.

I'm just going off charts I've seen from a single driver (I forget which) charted up in WinISD. I never researched them since no one ever asked to make a BP and I'm a fan of simple sealed boxes for my own installs.
This is why I thought this box was going to sound like ass. WinISD and Bassboxpro both showed me a pretty crappy response for the bandpass. I dunno if you remember my post a while back that asked what people thought of the box....

Dunno if it has to do with cabin gain or what, but this box SOUNDS like it has a pretty flat response curve from about 35hz to 70hz...I'm probably way wrong, but that's just by ear.

get some vids up guy
Yeah, I work nights, had a commanders call, blah blah blah and more excuses. I have some extra time tomorrow and will try and post some vids then.

You know, it ***** because my car always wants to die when I'm blasting the stereo at idle. I'll try again though, it's been a while since trying to blast it at idle and I've done some new things with the alt setup...maybe it'll be able to handle it.

Will definitely get inside vids though!

Im diggin it. My 4th order is at 46hz and it smashes the lows.
Any numbers?
No numbers, don't think there is even a place around here yet that would be able to hook me up.

Going by ear though, and when I DID compete back in 99-00, I'd say probably around the lower to mid 140's. You know how disappointed people are though when guessing at numbers and then when they actually see their numbers, haha.

Is your 4th order a blow through as well? I was going to go a little lower at 45 or so, but I lost more on the top edge...was trying to keep the steep roll-off around 75hz-80hz(0db)

I remember I told you to go for 1/1.25 @ 50, then you made that thread and it had the huge peak in WinISD. You posted it and everyone said it would sound like ass but I assured you it would sound great. Glad you went for it.

Pntbllwlly has a 4th order for 4 12s that I designed him. He has the cheap $35 Hifonics but the videos look mean as hell.

I remember I told you to go for 1/1.25 @ 50, then you made that thread and it had the huge peak in WinISD. You posted it and everyone said it would sound like ass but I assured you it would sound great. Glad you went for it.
Pntbllwlly has a 4th order for 4 12s that I designed him. He has the cheap $35 Hifonics but the videos look mean as hell.
Yeah, you told me 3 cubic feet for the sealed portion and 4 cubic feet for the ported section, with it tuned to 50hz. There wasn't an easy way to get that huge of a box in my trunk, so I had to do the 2 for sealed and 2.5 for ported.

It didn't give quiet the same response out of WinISD as your box, so I was afraid it was gonna sound like ass. It'd be interesting if I could've gotten a box that big in my trunk, to see how it'd sound.

I'll have to look for that person you mentioned...haven't had much time to spend on the forums since posting this thread. Wife is in bed now, and I have 30 min to spare before work! haha...I'll look for that vid.

Don't think I mentioned it yet, but thanks for your help and being the one to set me off in the right direction.

No numbers, don't think there is even a place around here yet that would be able to hook me up.

Going by ear though, and when I DID compete back in 99-00, I'd say probably around the lower to mid 140's. You know how disappointed people are though when guessing at numbers and then when they actually see their numbers, haha.

Is your 4th order a blow through as well? I was going to go a little lower at 45 or so, but I lost more on the top edge...was trying to keep the steep roll-off around 75hz-80hz(0db)
My ports are basically my back seat.

Vid:

I can fold down the seats. Not too big on losing all functionality of the car...yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The mechman alt is doing ok...it's just a pain to have to keep re-adjusting the alternator to get the belt **** tight so no squeals. I've had to adjust it so many times, loosen the power steering belt to let the alternator move more upwards to get the belt tighter...it's been a pain, and feel bad for other accord owners who have to go through this too! Don't buy a 99 Honda Accord if you want a HO alt!
According to my friend FritosAreGood (The guy with the 250a mechman alt) he had the same issues with his and did some research and apparently Rob from DCPOWERINC has worked alot with 4 cyl. Accords. This is what Rob had to say

No 4 cyl Accord was ever made that you can hit 2500 alternator RPM's with at idle and keep a belt on the pulley, I've never seen it and I've checked at least 40 or 50 with my laser tach..

Rob utilized the OEM tenshioner, has better belt geometry compared to mechman, and puts out more power at 2k Alt RPM. Currently Rob builds the following alts for our cars.

We build the GM alts in either 230/160 idle 260/150 idle, or 290/130 idle, and the XP's in either 230/170 idle or 270 amp 180 idle. Fritos got the 270XP which is a badass hairpin alt.

I asked fritos why he switched over he said Mechman is a great alternator it just didn't work for my application. He also stated it was easier to install also. Checkout his buildlog/alt install here and on the next page

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=44800&view=findpost&p=829903

this makes me wonder what my subs are actually seeing when i fold my seats up and use my custom armrest port. its like a 8th order or somthin. ported box firing into a ported chamber. This makes me want to just do a 4th order for my alphas. How does this do in real low range (20-30hz range)? whats the upper roll off?

this makes me wonder what my subs are actually seeing when i fold my seats up and use my custom armrest port. its like a 8th order or somthin. ported box firing into a ported chamber. This makes me want to just do a 4th order for my alphas. How does this do in real low range (20-30hz range)? whats the upper roll off?
Go for it!!! My box is tuned to 50hz, and I believe the cabin gain is around 40hz...so I've got a nice peak from 40hz to 55hz. The 20-30hz range sound OK, but obviously not as good as the upper range. I don't listen to chopped and screwed music or bass mechanic all day...so I wanted more of a musical box. The roll off starts at around 55hz and at 75hz gets really steep. My crossover is set to 80hz, so it's not a big deal.

The box is outstanding for my tastes in music.

According to my friend FritosAreGood (The guy with the 250a mechman alt) he had the same issues with his and did some research and apparently Rob from DCPOWERINC has worked alot with 4 cyl. Accords. This is what Rob had to say
No 4 cyl Accord was ever made that you can hit 2500 alternator RPM's with at idle and keep a belt on the pulley, I've never seen it and I've checked at least 40 or 50 with my laser tach..

Rob utilized the OEM tenshioner, has better belt geometry compared to mechman, and puts out more power at 2k Alt RPM. Currently Rob builds the following alts for our cars.

We build the GM alts in either 230/160 idle 260/150 idle, or 290/130 idle, and the XP's in either 230/170 idle or 270 amp 180 idle. Fritos got the 270XP which is a badass hairpin alt.

I asked fritos why he switched over he said Mechman is a great alternator it just didn't work for my application. He also stated it was easier to install also. Checkout his buildlog/alt install here and on the next page

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?s=&showtopic=44800&view=findpost&p=829903
WOW...need to check out that thread. You know, I really think the mechman alt is doing OK now. Honestly, it's been such a pain though to CONSTANTLY re-adjust the belt though. I've also had to loosen up the other belt so I can tighten down the alternator even more. PAIN IN THE ASS...however, I only get a quick chirp on startup now if anything at all. It's about 50/50 if I get a startup chrip(very quick belt squeal).

Other than that, no belt squeal if I'm blasting my stereo while keeping the RPMS around 2-3k. I've spent almost $500 on this **** alternator, IT WILL WORK!!!!!!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif:mad://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif:mad:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.