transamfan
10+ year member

The system includes...

Sub - Digital Designs 9515d

Components - (4) Boston Acoustics Pro 60 Components

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-P980bt

Comp Amp - Kicker SX700.4

Sub Amp - Kicker KX1500.1

I did all the work myself, just looking for something clean and neat, and wanted to get the most sound out of my limited space. I had several installs under my belt before this one, but this was my first attempt at sound deadening and fiberglass. I started by taking out all the interior and sound deadening every square inch. I used peel-n-seal roofing material for sound deadening, and I think it has worked well. It stuck to everything well, only smelled for the first few days, and didn't come loose during the hot days of summer. I used 200sqft, about 3 layers total.

DSCI0002.jpg

DSCI0001.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

I used four boston pro 60 6.5in components, run off of a Kicker SX700.4 amp.

IMG_0842.jpg

I coverd this whole with blue paiters tape and made a mold with fiberglass. I put the back interior pieces in when I made the mold that way the box would match up with the interior.

DSCI0003.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

Once I had the mold made I covered it in several more layers to give it strenght and then cut a piece of wood to mount the speaker in. The wood was to help give it strenght and give me something to mount my ports to and run my fiberglass onto to make it look good in the end.

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

I sanded down the fiberglass until it was somewhat smooth and then gave it a test fit. You can see that it ended up not quite matching up with interior, but it wasn't too bad and I was able to get it evened when I put the body filler over the fiberglass. I sanded the filler smooth and then took some thick exterior paint and a roller that would give a texture similar to that of my interior and rolled it on. Then I mixed up some automotive paint I had left over from previous paint jobs and got a color that matched the interior pretty close and painted it. I took the pictures of the finished product before I got the interior panels all cleaned up, they still have dust all over them.

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

I welded an amp rack where the spare tire used to be, and mounted a Kicker KX1500.1 for the sub and Kicker SX700.4 for the components.

IMG_0847.jpg

Like I said I did all the work myself and bought most of this stuff used. Total cost was:

Sub - $260

Pro 60 - $300 for all four

SX700.4 - $150

KX1500.1 - $200

Pioneer 980bt - $300

Fiberglass - $140

Body filler - $17

1/0 power wire - $30

Peel-n-seal - $200

TOTAL=$1580

All the other wires and fuses I had laying around. Not too bad, huh? I have lost a lot of pictures of this install on my hard drive, but will post if I ever find them. Here is the only pic I can find of the car itself.

IMG_1343.jpg

what's up with the tiny ports?

x2, im sure that DD is having a asthma attack at full volume, lol.

But, overall nice work, im all for cost efficient builds //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The ports are 2in diameter, wanted one on each side to make it symetric.

The box is 4.3cuft. Tuned to 38hz. I don't think it would be possible to get any more volume out of that space.

is that before displacement ?? wow you fit more back there than i was told i ever could you have given me hope was it hard to work there ?? i looking to fit 4 before displacement tuned to 36htz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.