98 Stratus build

Participant count
  • Participant list

Squatch

Just installed my head unit today. It's an Alpine UTE52BT

Here's a pic after install, and may I say that I find it appealing.

View attachment 26551841

This is the old head unit next to the new one.

View attachment 26551842

I also ended up with some extras, and had to fabricate a ground since the stock ground strap was missing.

View attachment 26551843

I'm sure you know what they are, but I will go over them anyhow., The black is the ground wire that found a nice home between two other grounding connectors, the pink and black is the Audio interrupt (dunno what it does, just know that it wasn't necessary for my car), and the blue/white wire is the remote. Some may ask why my remote line isn't running to the factory amp, and that is simply because I was instructed to use the power antenna connection instead.

It was a fairly simple process, and I fiinshed it in an hour. Next will be my first set of speakers and the battery relocation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.