96 GMC Rebuild

Thank you! I can send you a dollar for the envelope //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
No worries man ! I may need some help up in the future.

No worries man ! I may need some help up in the future.
Well i can help you with what i know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Ill be waiting to see how the amp rack comes out all mounted.

Well i can help you with what i know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.
Ill be waiting to see how the amp rack comes out all mounted.

Believe it or not I found these on our trucks its out in the fuse box under the hood but couldn't find them at auto parts store but oriellys has it only on line but shipping was high as heck. And amp rack is mounted in truck just have my temp sub an enclosure in behind it and looks kinda funny.

Look in my MAF build log

96 GMC extra cab Moved from CA.com - Page 85

Went to Vegas this last week with my girl and stayed a few days and had a great time. I picked up my two 18 FI teams while I was there. I got them wired up and installed in my new enclosure and got it installed in the truck with new amp rack. I have them hooked up to my little PPI 1000.1 @ 2 ohms so about 750 watts at best before rise. I have not metered it yet but it is pretty dang loud, Way louder than I thought that little amp could push them. Must be that @CSCStang designed enclosure LOL ! Its moving some air through those big octos ! I will try to meter it for kicks just gotta dig the meter out. I cant wait to get the 10k next.View attachment 26554392View attachment 26554393View attachment 26554394View attachment 26554395View attachment 26554396

Teams on a 1k... How much movement you getting from them on low power... Excursion video please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Teams on a 1k @ 2ohms lol ! They are moving a lot more than I ever thought they would, Its fairly loud but not that much excursion lol not like when I had a 7k on one. But I am impressed. I will see if I can meter it tomorrow.

View attachment 26554410

Teams on a 1k... How much movement you getting from them on low power... Excursion video please

Found the meter and It isn't doing too bad at least better than I thought it would a 141.4 @ 37hz on music at the windshield. not bad for less than 750 watts is it ?

View attachment 26554410
Found the meter and It isn't doing too bad at least better than I thought it would a 141.4 @ 37hz on music at the windshield. not bad for less than 750 watts is it ?
I dunno man, that's not as good as I thought they'd do. Maybe it's just me, but I would think a pair of 18's in an extended cab truck would be louder than that? I know it's only 375w each but ****, do they really take that much power to move? My first run with my Diamond D6 15" was a little over 146 on my Nine.1@2ohms.

Sent from my Motorola 2950 Special Edition 3w.

I dunno man, that's not as good as I thought they'd do. Maybe it's just me, but I would think a pair of 18's in an extended cab truck would be louder than that? I know it's only 375w each but ****, do they really take that much power to move? My first run with my Diamond D6 15" was a little over 146 on my Nine.1@2ohms.
Sent from my Motorola 2950 Special Edition 3w.
Ya there really stiff, but then again I had one one a 7k and it would move then lol! I honestly didnt think they would move as much as they are and there barely even moving.

Looks like your gonna have to sell them teams and go for their new neos they're about to release just seen pics posted on fi fb page

Looks like your gonna have to sell them teams and go for their new neos they're about to release just seen pics posted on fi fb page

Nah but they look bad azz huh ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
ChaseinBass
Calif
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from