96 GMC Rebuild

don't be surprised if you actually lose MPG and HP with that lol there's a lot of people who will say those are worse but it doesnt really matter enough for our design goals
the factory airbox and intake are pretty ideal to begin with, that's why i haven't bothered changing mine. much more gains to be had in other areas
As far as gains, the only gains I am looking for are in the SPL areas LOL wouldnt have changed it if it would have worked with triple alt bracket.

View attachment 26553627View attachment 26553626Added 1 1/2 inches of plywood on top of 3 layers of 80mil deadner and stock carpet too back wall too stop the flex on back wall.

Also added these cool GM diodes in fuse holders on my two stereo alts. Made this little harness for them. Voltage is now from stock13.8v hot 14.2v cold to 14.4v hot 15.0v cold.

View attachment 26553629View attachment 26553628
did you glue that wood as well as screw? I really need to do this im hearing a lot of ugly twanging and **** it's annoying. my research tells me a bunch of horizontal 2x4's and a thick piece of wood should fix it, wasnt sure how well the wood would glue to deadener

did you glue that wood as well as screw? I really need to do this im hearing a lot of ugly twanging and **** it's annoying. my research tells me a bunch of horizontal 2x4's and a thick piece of wood should fix it, wasnt sure how well the wood would glue to deadener
I didnt Glue I used a bunch of Rivi Nuts in to the back wall. Logic tells me Glueing would be better but dont think glue will stick to foil on deaner, If your going to glue it I would pull off deadner and clean up with acetone and scuff up paint with 60 grit grind wheel and glue- it wont ever come off lol but i like to do things that can be undone or repaired easily and glue isnt one of those things lol . I will try it out like this first and see, Its gotta be better ! crap it was flexing so bad I thought I was going to lose my back window.

I didnt Glue I used a bunch of Rivi Nuts in to the back wall. Logic tells me Glueing would be better but dont think glue will stick to foil on deaner, If your going to glue it I would pull off deadner and clean up with acetone and scuff up paint with 60 grit grind wheel and glue- it wont ever come off lol but i like to do things that can be undone or repaired easily and glue isnt one of those things lol . I will try it out like this first and see, Its gotta be better ! crap it was flexing so bad I thought I was going to lose my back window.
I glued wood to my deadener.

Ended up using commercial grade f60 tubes. It sticks to alot of materials.

Also mind linking me to the diode you used? I need to add one already

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

I got them here but I don't suggest buying from them! First of all min is 4 of them and that is ok, second is i got 4 diodes and two mini fuse holders so about 11 bucks or so and they charged me 28 dollars shipping on something that could have been put in an envelope altogether they charged me 42 dollars and they don't give you a price for shipping up front ! Shyroka bastardos ! I saw them on ebay for 6-7 bucks go there. how many do you need ?

If you just need one I will give you one as I have two extra lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
ChaseinBass
Calif
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from