96 Caravan Build

Battery pos is on the bottom and the brace is bolted to the floor and 4 inches away from the distro block that is attached to the side panel. You can push on the bracket and rock the van without it moveing.

Battery pos is on the bottom and the brace is bolted to the floor and 4 inches away from the distro block that is attached to the side panel. You can push on the bracket and rock the van without it moveing.
it looks way closer than 4" to me. could be the pic

It looks close in the pic, but really isn't. I can try and get a better pic.

I used the back seat belt bolt for an extra ground, had the short piece left over. There is still the other run of neg from front to back as well. Get a reading of 14.32 to the back. With new stock 160amp alt.

DSCF1342.jpg

kool build looks decent but needs panelsto clean it up that brace is way to close to the distro lets sya u brake realy had brace falls off hits distro block ur unconsions and that starts fire . good luck

noice. i get like 13.4v at the rear battery with a g31, a g34 and 200a alt (at idle) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

The brace is bolted and doesn't move. Rocks the van when you push it from the back. it is farther away from the distro then it looks.

Only problem I have now, is the back side windows. Need three people to man the van when metering.

Have to figure a way to seal them tighter and still be able to show they work. Motorized pop out style.

Still wouldn't help how weak they are. Has one pivot point for the motor to push the window out. may try to add extra weather stripping. See if that helps. If not, then I am sure someone at a comp would aid in holding the windows.

Yea my van had the same problem, actually was the same color as mine too. I was thinking of removing the or disconnecting the motors and just sealing the windows shut. Or if you still want them to work you could fab a bracket to hold them shut and then just unlatch it when you will not be competing...other then that i dno

noice. i get like 13.4v at the rear battery with a g31, a g34 and 200a alt (at idle) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I get 14.3x at my rear battery also //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I got a question though... do you have that power cable fused from the front battery to the rear battery at all???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.