'95 Caddy Deville - 2 Fi Qs, Custom Trunk

Ok I got some pics for you guys but please bear with me as this mess is temporary. The carpet outlet I want to go to is open almost exactly the same hours as my work schedule right now, so until I can get a weekend off I can't really finish this ish //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

But everything is up and running. I'm disappointed with the sound I'm getting in the cabin, as I said before my Xplods were actually louder than this setup on some songs (I'm going to chop the rear deck this weekend so hopefully that problem will be solved)

If you look at the pics you can see truly how much space this box takes up.

And my electrical is holding up fine even without the Big 3, I stay above 13 at all times (minor light dimming on heavy bass notes)

Anyways, stay tuned for updates!

DCP_0021.jpg

DCP_0022.jpg

DCP_0023-1.jpg

DCP_0024-1.jpg

Try flipping the box around?
I thought about that but in every experience I've had with my other setups it's actually made the bass seem quieter, and besides it's nearly impossible to get that box in and out with the woofers in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif (can't access them from the back seat either)

Unless I put handles on, maybe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

looks like yer box is in there pretty snug... if u pull it away from the middle of the car and more towards the trunk to allow some more room between the box and the physical car itself, it may be a quick remedy to the situation...

cuz damm.. it looks snug back in there

looks like yer box is in there pretty snug... if u pull it away from the middle of the car and more towards the trunk to allow some more room between the box and the physical car itself, it may be a quick remedy to the situation...
cuz damm.. it looks snug back in there
True dis. I went outside and lugged it forward about 4 inches (that leaves me about 6" from the box to trunk lid, same as port width - that's about the right distance, no?)

I forgot the whole distance rule //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I thought about that but in every experience I've had with my other setups it's actually made the bass seem quieter, and besides it's nearly impossible to get that box in and out with the woofers in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif (can't access them from the back seat either)
Unless I put handles on, maybe //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Thats what I figured, but if your loosing output it could be choking off.

Thats what I figured, but if your loosing output it could be choking off.
This was my main concern when I built the box... but I wanted 15's dammit! (lols)

I took my 6x9's out (one was blown anyways) and plan on cutting a 24"x8" port on the rear deck. What do you all think before I grab the jigsaw this weekend? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

This was my main concern when I built the box... but I wanted 15's dammit! (lols)
I took my 6x9's out (one was blown anyways) and plan on cutting a 24"x8" port on the rear deck. What do you all think before I grab the jigsaw this weekend? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Get some aero ports. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Get some aero ports. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
Word. + new box, **** that one, its too small and too big at the same time. You need pressure in the cabin. Give those subs 4cu ft a piece, glass the floor if you have too. And from the sounds of things, you may want to tune higher. At worst, you learned how to fiberglass, and did a set up no one else you have heard of with a Deville has done.

Do something like some phat aero's comin' through the rear deck, since that seems like your only option, as the back seats don't fold down correct?

I bet you money its louder inside your trunk than it was with those xpolds, you just can't tell inside the cabin.... Unless those "xplod's" are some kind of super woofer with more displacement any other sub that hasn't been released by sony yet or some ****.

You went from glorified midbasses in a sealed box, to some actual "SUB"-Woofers. Of course the bass is going to sound different. 60-100hz will never be the same //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Enjoy it.

Word. + new box, **** that one, its too small and too big at the same time. You need pressure in the cabin. Give those subs 4cu ft a piece, glass the floor if you have too. And from the sounds of things, you may want to tune higher. At worst, you learned how to fiberglass, and did a set up no one else you have heard of with a Deville has done.
Well, Fi recommended 2.8-4cuft per sub so I found a middle ground, leaning more towards the bigger side. What I think's actually happening is that the trunk is functioning like a 6th order bandpass, because there is such a narrow space for the bass to travel into the cabin. I moved the box forward a little and will check it out tomorrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Do something like some phat aero's comin' through the rear deck, since that seems like your only option, as the back seats don't fold down correct?
Right they don't fold down, but I was just going to cut a rectangular hole in the rear deck to relieve the pressure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I bet you money its louder inside your trunk than it was with those xpolds, you just can't tell inside the cabin.... Unless those "xplod's" are some kind of super woofer with more displacement any other sub that hasn't been released by sony yet or some ****.
Yeah the box was a lot smaller so more of the bass got into the cabin... I think this is what's happening.

i have a jigsaw if you need to use it..

btw.....the box looks fine in that trunk it should knock, almost every caddy in texas has their subs facing the rear....flipping and firing forward with a box like that does not sound right in these big body cars.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.