'95 Caddy Deville - 2 Fi Qs, Custom Trunk

oh and if you have had your rear deck off you might of noticed the thickness of the deck cover. idk if cutting that hole your mentioning will do much unless you cut out the cover as well.

oh and if you have had your rear deck off you might of noticed the thickness of the deck cover. idk if cutting that hole your mentioning will do much unless you cut out the cover as well.
By deck cover do you mean the carpet covered piece or the actual metal?

In any case there's much to what a jigsaw & cutoff wheel can do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

thats why i didnt cut a hole there. after taking the carpet off i figured it would help enuff to warrant the time. unless you cut the carpet and insulation and fab a nice looking port ring or something to that affect.

thats why i didnt cut a hole there. after taking the carpet off i figured it would help enuff to warrant the time. unless you cut the carpet and insulation and fab a nice looking port ring or something to that affect.
Oh yes, it shall be done. Lol.

It's really the only way to open up my trunk, I'll try and get some pics of the box in trunk tomorrow.

are you going to try and cut out your door speaker holes to fit 6.5s or are you going to use 5.25s? im using 5.25s but have contemplated cutting to fit 6.5.

are you going to try and cut out your door speaker holes to fit 6.5s or are you going to use 5.25s? im using 5.25s but have contemplated cutting to fit 6.5.
Yeah that's something that irks me as well... I was thinking about building a 1/2" or 3/4" baffle and skipping the cutting altogether.

Lets see some pics and Video man!

I have a 99 STS and I have a box just like yours but mine was made by subzone, dual ported and dark forest green because that was my old tahoe's color but now the Cherry Red caddy will have it, I will hit you up with a pic soon. Im doing an install to my sts, (2) 10" kick compvr in that dual ported I mentioned. Leaving stock Radio since its bose cd player with 6 cd changer and its near impossible to replace the head unit in this year and make.

Yeah that's something that irks me as well... I was thinking about building a 1/2" or 3/4" baffle and skipping the cutting altogether.
i would just do the 6.5, its really easy to make 1/2" baffles and there is plenty of run in the door for it to work....i just finished making the baffles for the 6x9's im putting upfront on my lac..

man, i know for 4 cars right now on those Akuza Reapers.. not that they aint clean, just common..
Hmm, maybe up there but down here I have never seen them before. I'll tell you what is common are the three-blade rims. I see those everywhere and on everything from Chevys to Hyundais to Hondas. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

i ddint mean tiny in ur trunk. i meant small for 15's because i usually do over 4 cubes for a 15.
Well Fi recommended 2.8 - 4cuft, so I went in the middle (more towards the larger side).

Lets see some pics and Video man!
I have a 99 STS and I have a box just like yours but mine was made by subzone, dual ported and dark forest green because that was my old tahoe's color but now the Cherry Red caddy will have it, I will hit you up with a pic soon. Im doing an install to my sts, (2) 10" kick compvr in that dual ported I mentioned. Leaving stock Radio since its bose cd player with 6 cd changer and its near impossible to replace the head unit in this year and make.
Sweet. The head unit thing isn't too hard, IIRC you need some kind of Passkey bypass. But then your steering controls don't work. Bose system is pretty good though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i would just do the 6.5, its really easy to make 1/2" baffles and there is plenty of run in the door for it to work....i just finished making the baffles for the 6x9's im putting upfront on my lac..

PMed

i think im going to try the baffle thing as well. i dont have anything to make them on my own so i guess i will have to buy some or pay someone to make me a set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.