'95 Caddy Deville - 2 Fi Qs, Custom Trunk

wrap on the door pods didnt hold up to well eh
Nope I'm gonna eventually have to take them off and re-do them... that's what I get for using Super 77...

but I switched to DAP Contact Cement to re-wrap my a-pillars about 3 months ago, and even they're peeling off! It's this **** Texas sun I'm really at a loss what to do. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

They are cold cathodes from Oznium.com, I have since fried one of the transformers so the lights don't work right now, and the tubes are really fragile but overall provide a really good glow... I got the 12" ones.

Super 90 is what I use for everything, super 77 is only last lasting if you do it like contact cement, spray both surfaces, give em 30-45 seconds (no less than 30) to tack, then press em together with lots of pressure, doesnt let loose

Contact cement should have never let go though, you them both surafaces tack for the recomended time then pressed them together?

They are cold cathodes from Oznium.com, I have since fried one of the transformers so the lights don't work right now, and the tubes are really fragile but overall provide a really good glow... I got the 12" ones.
So are they supposed to be better and brighter than L.e.d? What causes them to fry because I've never been able to kill a L.e.d.? I'll check that site out.

Super 90 is what I use for everything, super 77 is only last lasting if you do it like contact cement, spray both surfaces, give em 30-45 seconds (no less than 30) to tack, then press em together with lots of pressure, doesnt let loose
Contact cement should have never let go though, you them both surafaces tack for the recomended time then pressed them together?
I'm thinking that I didn't prep the surface the way I should have... I just brushed the contact cement over the plastic without wiping it with alcohol. It had a sort of rough, grippy texture from the old stuff that was stuck on there I figured it would give a better bond //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

So are they supposed to be better and brighter than L.e.d? What causes them to fry because I've never been able to kill a L.e.d.? I'll check that site out.
They give off more of an even glow, they are pretty bright. I'm not sure what caused the transformer to fry, I am in contact with Oznium and they will probably send a replacement for a faulty unit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.