90 ah batts for 542 shipped...

The main difference between the car audio brands like JB,XS,and JY is the cells they use are high discharge cells...most of those ones you see that seem like a bargain have low discharge rates of only like 90 amps
And no balancing
Yes, and "virgin" lead and unicorn tears and suchlike.

I'd love to see one of the 1500$ 40 AH ones dissected and see what's really going on inside and the actual cost of materials.

My teamate made a 100ah lith for a cost of about 250$.

It works... and its way stronger than AGM on drop in.

I pulled my xs 1200 (small to begin with) and put in the lith. I held 2v higher on street beat runs and gained .6 -.8 on burps.

And he used the good cells. Not the vape ones or whatever the heck extreme was using. Cost of cells was like 130 shipped

My teamate made a 100ah lith for a cost of about 250$.
It works... and its way stronger than AGM on drop in.

I pulled my xs 1200 (small to begin with) and put in the lith. I held 2v higher on street beat runs and gained .6 -.8 on burps.

And he used the good cells. Not the vape ones or whatever the heck extreme was using. Cost of cells was like 130 shipped
Well spill the beans and tell us what cells and where you got them?

We are planning to make a large order. After that, i will.

But, its a worthwhile topic to research anyways. Lith is probably the future of our hobby.

A few things ill point out. The cells must be lifepo4, which differs from lith-ion. People mistakenly use these terms interchangeably. C Rate matters, and is critical. maH matters..... and if you arent willing to spend many hours, being very tedious constructing these, dont bother.

Yes, and "virgin" lead and unicorn tears and suchlike.
I'd love to see one of the 1500$ 40 AH ones dissected and see what's really going on inside and the actual cost of materials.
go to hunter martin's facebook he did a test between JY and those cheapo winston lifep04. There was no contest Along with those lithiums needing to be charged a lot longer before you can whail on them. Complete waste of money going the cheap pre-made route.

If you are willing to build one from the ground up including a balancing system, case, terminals and everything that would be the best choice if you want to be cheap.

The winstons are prismatic I believe. Not ideal for our purposes. Although there are supposedly some winstons that are ok, but they say to cut the rating in half compared to properly done cylyndrical cells.

Ours is completely from ground up. Soldering all 80 cells, bussing them etc

The winstons are prismatic I believe. Not ideal for our purposes. Although there are supposedly some winstons that are ok, but they say to cut the rating in half compared to properly done cylyndrical cells.
Ours is completely from ground up. Soldering all 80 cells, bussing them etc
clear your inbox!

go to hunter martin's facebook he did a test between JY and those cheapo winston lifep04. There was no contest Along with those lithiums needing to be charged a lot longer before you can whail on them. Complete waste of money going the cheap pre-made route.
If you are willing to build one from the ground up including a balancing system, case, terminals and everything that would be the best choice if you want to be cheap.
The question isn't what's in a crappy one but what's in a good one.

I think the good ones are likely cylindrical cells, probably with a 5 to 10 c rating.

Hard to say cuz alot of the good ones, the companies wont open for proprietary purposes, especially on the k2 cells.

Imo, this isnt a good idea as a business unless you can source NEW, quality, high C cells.

But for a garage project, its not bad

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.