Amp not getting proper signal?

First off, I'm totally new here and my apologies if this question has been answered already. I have no idea what to search for or what category it might be in.

Here is what I'm working with; installing an amp and sub with a factory head unit. I spliced in a line out converter, wired up the amp, and connected the sub. The problem is it seems like the amp gets little to no signal when the balance is set to zero (centered) on the head unit. If I fade it left or right a few ticks I start getting some action from the sub. And the farther I fade it, the more signal it gets.

I've checked all connections, checked the setting on the amp, and fiddled with the adjustment dials on the LOC. My only thought is the LOC is used from a local car audio store and might be faulty?

What am I missing here?

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.