8 gauge speaker wire issue!!!!

cool so i see there are a lot of yeah and neah here lol. i only went with it because i use the same voltage chart and a tech that i work with made the suggestion. So i was able to get my hand on some for about 18 bucks and i said what the hell. thats all

thx for responses

Maybe not, But i bet you could tell the differnce in a 0.51 voltage drop. Thats the differnce in 10.50 volts and 9.99 volts. or 11v and 10.49v.... Yah.
If it doesn't affect your sound pressure then it's not worth it, imo.

I use bananna plugs to plug wire into sub box. For inside the box, use 10awg slide connects(yellow ones) strip the end of the wire to fit.

You will only need 8 gauge until the current splits. EG if your subs are wired in parallel to the terminal cups then 12 gauge will suffice from the cup to the subs. This will be a LOT easier to wire them up.

thx i will do that. now one more question i can do that with lets say a 10awg female connector so it will connect right to the terminal plate, right?

thx i will do that. now one more question i can do that with lets say a 10awg female connector so it will connect right to the terminal plate, right?
just strip the bare wire, then cut the end strands as few as you can to fit snug; then tighten...just like everything else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.