6th order wall design

Participant count
  • Participant list

kr15
5,000+ posts

Polluting Residentials
California
So we will be attempting a 6th order wall with 2 x v2 15s. The ebp leans toward 4th, but we will be trying a 6th for spl purposes. We think we will end up with a more narrow pass band, but higher peak.

We have up to 6cu for rear chamber, and probably 16-18cu for front chamber.

So...to begin, how should we determine chamber volumes and tuning if this is for spl?

Im privy to 4ths, not to 6ths. Any input is appreciated

When designing a 6th, should the rear more a less be the ported volume the subs need? Then the front is obviously sized per ratio?

I thought we could get away with less volume in rear chamber. But if we cant, we might as well do a 4th. Especially since ebp leans that way

Rear chamber should be what the subs call for in a ported box...it's more to it then just ratios....ratios can make you peakier with less bandwidth...BUT if tuned properly to your cars resonance frequency it helps gain you free spl....mine for instance is a 1.35 to 1 ratio...22hz tuned rear and 46hz tuned front...last subs before I switched subs and amps were a pair of Zv4 18s and and TFE at .5....did a 155 sealed on the dash at 29hz and 154.6 sealed on the dash at 53hz...bandwidth was 15hz-62hz before drastic roll off...played 20hz-55hz pretty flat within 2db

Ok so since our absolute max in rear is 6cu, we should definately stick to a 4th....

Now to the 4th. My teamate is thinking 1.75 sealed side. I think thats too small. We would do 3.5 sealed, 14 ported tuned at 45. Thoughts?

Power on tap is wayyy over rated power

Oh and its probably ambitous... but goal is 156+ sealed and 158+ kick. That is basically where we need to be

Ok so since our absolute max in rear is 6cu, we should definately stick to a 4th....
Now to the 4th. My teamate is thinking 1.75 sealed side. I think thats too small. We would do 3.5 sealed, 14 ported tuned at 45. Thoughts?

Power on tap is wayyy over rated power
I heard 15s like 1.2-1.75 cubes sealed for 4th orders.

Sealed chamber depends on the sub. But yea i think 1.5 is small. 2.25 is probably more ideal. So 4.5 rear and 9 front tuned close to your response should be pretty good
not the case with high motorforce subs, they like IT SMALL. buddy's 4th got way louder with more bandwidth when we shrank it. Apparently alphard db 3 12s need about half a cube sealed or less according to the loud russians that run them. buddy had them 1 cube. could only shrink to .75 cubes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.