6th order enclosure build

Participant count
  • Participant list

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
fireworks and fireworks shows cancelled, wife working all weekend, daughter in California. Decided to play around and build a parallel 6th order to save money on beer. Have a Dayton Audio HE 10 sitting around doing nothing. Doing 1.2 @ 30 HZ and .4 @ 59 HZ. Ends up being 2.95 cubes net after all displacements. My brother took off to Kansas, so I will probably install it in his Ford Escape instead of removing my system. He has an 800 watt amp in his ride.
D6A9FAC8-F9A2-4B92-A90E-FD92B8FD9BB9.jpeg
8A3F637B-4CA9-4475-904C-A5CCCD8ED08E.jpeg
0C6A4F4C-C497-4600-89DF-04D09D2A0415.jpeg

What a layout!
Here is my totally professional “design”. I stood around a few times with a short circuit starting a fire in my head, but I think I deciphered my my rambling math ok in the end. I had to swap around some displacements the first time because i couldn’t get the mounting depth I needed and keep the box and port orientation correct.
586B238E-CF45-4A3A-AD80-39C9B6CB631F.jpeg

One thing I worry about is the sub overheating. It’s only moving 3 mm at around 56 HZ In modeling. The sub magnet Is sitting in the large chamber, so I’m hoping that helps a little.

You going Red, White, & Blue theme for the 4th?

Nice Build Btw.
I’m not sure yet. At first I’m going to leave it mdf, but if it sounds good enough I will refinish it probably. Thought I’d paint the ports in case I want to later. Ports are hard to paint after the top is on.

I’m not sure yet. At first I’m going to leave it mdf, but if it sounds good enough I will refinish it probably. Thought I’d paint the ports in case I want to later. Ports are hard to paint after the top is on.

I agree on painting the port before assembly, makes things much easier.

I still got a pair of these HE 15's that I haven't done anything with yet, Got them as "Open Box" from PE for 174.99 ea. and with a coupon and free shipping I couldn't pass em up.

Then Turned around and sold my JL 10w3v2's for 400.00 so it worked out good.

Do these really take a box as small as PE states? for the 15" 1.3 gross sealed and ported I was told 2.5 tuned to 33hz would be good.

I've ran them through winisd but I'm pretty green at modeling subs and not factoring in cabin gain etc.

I agree on painting the port before assembly, makes things much easier.

I still got a pair of these HE 15's that I haven't done anything with yet, Got them as "Open Box" from PE for 174.99 ea. and with a coupon and free shipping I couldn't pass em up.

Then Turned around and sold my JL 10w3v2's for 400.00 so it worked out good.

Do these really take a box as small as PE states? for the 15" 1.3 gross sealed and ported I was told 2.5 tuned to 33hz would be good.

I've ran them through winisd but I'm pretty green at modeling subs and not factoring in cabin gain etc.
They do seem to like small boxes. Sometimes PE recommends boxes that seem really small though. 2.5 cubes ported probably would work with it, but I think it’s a little small. I think they recommend a port tune of 40 HZ for the 15 in the manual also. I played with the numbers for it once in winisd when I was looking for a 15 and I think I was debating on 3 cubes tuned to 32 HZ, but I ended up getting a different 15. The 10 in a ported box of 1.2 cubes tuned to 30 HZ is really nice sounding. The 15 is probably really nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...