6th Order bandpass for DD1508

That's interesting to say the least. I'm a tad bit confused as to how it's a 6th order though. I usually picture 6th orders as a sub firing into two chambers, each with a port. This looks more like an 8th order? The one chamber's port actually fires into another ported chamber, that's an 8th order right?
Bonesninja's design was a parallel tuned 6th order. Mine is a series tuned.

Both have advantages and disadvantages.

Ahh, I failed to read the fine print. Series tuned 6th order. Makes sense now. My bad. From what I've heard, series tuned enclosures can handle incredible amounts of power mechanically within the band pass. How did you go about designing that? I wouldn't know where to start with the second chamber volume and tuning. I like it though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

This is an example of one style 8th order:

8thorder.jpg

(not to scale at all, just an example)

Any tips for that 6th order you designed? If I had to go by looks, my guess would be the one chamber with the small port is tuned low and the chamber it fires into is tuned to boost the high end? Is there any rule of thumb as to the relation between the two volumes and respective tuning frequencies?

yo cannan man you got pm over on the team forums its pretty much related to what we are talking about here. let me know bud when you get a chance on everything.

8th order boxes ar VERY big..its impractical for cars and some suv...but if u have a van like chevy expresss..then yea u can do it...but being that the box is so big you'll be limited on how many subs u can use

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.