Elantra Gt 2004 Premium build log

Xprime4
10+ year member

****in' canadian
There's not alot of Hyundai cars around here. I think there's only 2-3 build logs somewhere that's all. I bought that car few weeks ago and so far i can't really complain with anything. Ride smooth and pretty luxurious for what it is. Interior in leather and everything is electrical which is a major upgrade from the car i've owned.

here's what going inside:

-Radio Clarion Dxz756mp

-Equalizer Clarion 7 bands parametric with blue illumination (like headunit)

-Image dynamics ctx65cs in front door

-Stock on hu on rear

-2 15inch Aq2.5 (old usa made model)

-Hifonics2006d @1ohm on subs

-Mb Quart pab4100 : 300watt x2 @4ohm

-Enerwatt Agm 110ah battery in the rear. That ***** weight 75lbs.

-Stinger 200amp selenoid isolator

-80ft/cu damplifier, thanks to Ant for the great Int. shipping

-2 dynaxorbs behind ctx65cs mids

-Stock 90amp alt (looking on a rewind soon)

-0/1ga from Knuconcepts

So far only my bxi2006d amplifier is installed, but the drop are a lot less than on my old car with the same equipment. Alty will be ok for now.

At first i wanted to take 100pics.. but due to my camera being half-broke, I only took 12ish...

The Car: Elantra gt 2004 Premium

car0.jpg

Stock headunit and look. Doesn't sound that bad being a stock system. 2 way comps with ok tweeter placement = job done. nothing more though

stock1.jpg

Clarion DXZ765mp. Not a lot of equalizing function, but it does look pretty nice. Random videos of nothing in particular plays in loop. Othewise it look pretty clean. I had a double din socket so i put the 1din hu with 1/2 eq with some fake leather dvd box wrap. Doesn't look that bad in real life. Aux in plug going behind the hu. I'm hooking a cowon d2 with some additional eq capacities.

HPIM2402.jpg

Trunk before deadener

trunk2.jpg

Some done

trunk3.jpg

Almost done

trunk4.jpg

Lid

lid5.jpg

Pretty much all my fingers were cut after that day. I was loosing so much blood I had to stop.

Front doors

door6.jpg

deadened with hidden 3/4mdf baffle as a spacer

door7.jpg

The other door

xprime4

I'm so not working at my workplace... i couldn't believe how tired my body was from working on my car 8hr+ per day... I had a lof of beer during those times //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I had to cut some of the door panel to make the tweeters fit. I hate doing this on my new car. Everything was ok in the end. I'm glad i made it.

tweeter.jpg

Sub enclosure. The build is kinda short... so no pics on my building it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif Well its 6.5 net tuned around 37-38hz. 114.75inch/sq of port area. A lot more port area than my last one with similar dimension (will review lower)

box9.jpg

Carpeting job.

box10.jpg

box in the hatch. fit perfectly and hatch does close. That was my worst worry.

box11.jpg

Looking in the rearview //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

box12.jpg

So that's pretty much it. I'm sorry that there's not a lot building details... my camera would take 4 pics out of new batteries before shuting down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

The spare batt and isolator are in the pit wheel. Secure somehow:veryhapp:

I had a lot of trouble getting my 1/0 to the rear and there was almost no space to work with. I still have to put my crossover and get wire through the door. That job seems hard since there's no space in the grommet and there's some connector stuck in those. I really don't want to break anything, so i'll be patient.

Right now, the ids are running of the stock wire and on my hu amp. The highs are ok the mids don't really shine like it should... i'll be giving them over 10x that power soon

tough //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The subs sound great in the current box, but they were a lot "sharper"on the same box volume at 36hz with 3/4 of the port area i've used this time. It sound a lot more "boomy" then the other one. From what i've heard so far, it seems to peak in the high 30ish and drop just over 45hz. It doesn't sound flat at all after that. Maybe i'll find a way to work my port area somehow... It's not that bad, but they were sounding better in my old car. At least, there's actually no rattling at all. I recommand damplifier to anyone. Great product.

Port is blowing on the near right side behind the wheel wing. It got a lot of cleareance.

how does the subs sound?
nice build.
I just edited my last post. They sounded quite better with less port area, but they are definitively louder now. No one with a TL in Quebec lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif I guess most shop don't even know what TL mean lol

eer

Also these subs are awesome playing below the tuning freq. They does move a lot of air around 24-25hz... even if the box is on the little side and tuned high

Compared to the 18Q i had before, i loved the sound of the sd2.5 better. They still hit every freq the Q was hitting, but in a more punchiest way... They're getting 2x louder too.

Also i'll seal the door hole soon. It does take a lot of time and I was getting ill. Manual work ain't for me

oh and i'm not using any ssf filter at the moment. They don't seems to complain. Pretty solid subs. I think Dj states that they sound better than the hdc on music.

Also if anyone got an idea on how to reduce port size without changing the tuning to much, help me!

I can't really cut the port lenght or add more since the box is already glued

yeah the high tuning is what keeps me away from running them.but i have heard a 9515 in 32hz, did its job.
I was worried at first too. but everyone says to not worry. It's peaking around the tuning freq, while other subs often peaks 5hz higher than the box tuning freq and don't play that well under it. At least from those i've heard

looks nice how does it sound?
My frontstage ain't amplified for now so i can't really tell. Otherwise, the subs sound pretty good and they're freaking loud. I did some testing with throw it up at 70% of it normal speed and the bass was still hitting pretty hard and ****ing low.

The rearview mirror ain't shaking that much though it's weird. It was shaking 10x more in my accent, even if it sounded more quiet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

I'll take a vid or two wednesday

well i'm not sure on the box anymore. I want to reduce my port area. Any idea on how to do that without building a new box? Anything that i could use to block a part of the port?

just wondering, would i get a better midbass from sealing the few holes left in the front doors? still got like 6ft/sq of damplifier left... just in case

Also everything is done now and it sound freaking good. I might switch the substage pretty soon though, i've had these subs for more than 2 months //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

edit: I modified my box for a lower tuning and port area. It now sound 100x better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

doors are finally fully sealed and the difference in midbass is astonishing!

HPIM2478.jpg

I lowered my hpf in the high 60s, while still giving the same amount of power. Sometime, i just shut my subs down and i'm seriously impress by what i'm hearing

I also found my dynaxorb, but i installed them while sealing the doors, so i can't tell if it does makes any difference

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.