6th Order bandpass for DD1508

Sweet box. So the 6th order is basically an spl box? If so, i wouldnt mind building one of those myself. How much harder would it be to do two 1508s in a 6th order?

By the way, might be the wrong place to ask about this, it should probably be a thread in it self, but how does a 6th order work exactly? I mean, I understand the basic principle, it's like a 4th order, except two ported instead of 1 sealed, so you get two different ported enclosures basically making the pass band range of the box wider with less of a one note wonder peak. My question is... wouldn't the box sound like two subwoofers working out of phase? When the sub moves one direction, one port inhales while the other exhales, the sub moves the other direction and it repeats just backwards and vice versa. Wouldn't this just sound like alot of rushing air with no actual sound pressure being created? Where is 80 to explain? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
if that were true then all ported boxes would be playing out of phase because as the subs move out the port "inhales"

depending on the freq at times the port is perectly in phase with the sub, and thats generally right at or just above tuning.

means nothing for this setup....just droppping some theoritical knowledge even though im too tired to spell it correctly

Sweet box. So the 6th order is basically an spl box? If so, i wouldnt mind building one of those myself. How much harder would it be to do two 1508s in a 6th order?
Not harder, just a bigger box. I think this was was 3.xx net, so you are looking at ~7net

Who gives a **** about seeing about the rear view??
PFFF, I havent had a rear view in 3 years, no troubles
Cool story bro.

u can do a 4th order in a trans am..6th order for 1 8 yea it can be done
How about for two, think it would be hard? And would it get loud as fuk in a hatch like that? Or would there not be much benefit over a regular slot ported box? Id really like to use both of them i already have. I dont really want to take up the rear view tho. If i was gona do that i would get some bigger subs.

seems like a box like this would be easier to build using aero's
Not in many cases.

It is often easier to design a normal slot-vented box when dealing w/ 4th and 6th orders. The ports can act as walls in the box and separate the chambers or allow for proper box volume.

Here is a series tuned 6th order I designed and built for 2 DD1508's last week:

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3248.jpg

That's interesting to say the least. I'm a tad bit confused as to how it's a 6th order though. I usually picture 6th orders as a sub firing into two chambers, each with a port. This looks more like an 8th order? The one chamber's port actually fires into another ported chamber, that's an 8th order right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.