66 Mustang system build

Hey thanks. It isn't a full cage, just a 6 point in the back. It does have some deadening already as you can see some in the picks. I know it isn't the greatest brand stuff but it helped. Just need some on the lid and some luxury mat to cut down the exhaust note some. I have been daily driving this thing for about 8 years now with a few cars in between.

Hey thanks. It isn't a full cage, just a 6 point in the back. It does have some deadening already as you can see some in the picks. I know it isn't the greatest brand stuff but it helped. Just need some on the lid and some luxury mat to cut down the exhaust note some. I have been daily driving this thing for about 8 years now with a few cars in between.
Yea im mainly talking about the harness bar and pipes behind your head. you really wanna atleast pad the bars. if you get rear ended hard enough, your noggin is toast.

So i cant decide if I want to put a back seat in this thing or not. If I did, I would mod a 99-04 Mustang seat to fit as it is close to the right size and has the fold down option. Cool feature. Only down fall is that I dont really ever need to use the back seat, I guess I would use it more if I had it though. If I ran a back seat the roll bar would need to go. I like it though and it REALLY steadied the car out. I have considered redoing the seat delete too as it has some buzzing inside the interior panels. Ideas?

From this:

DSC_0004-1.jpg

to this (roll bar cut out):

DSCF0001.jpg

I completely covered the hat rack in Damplifier...

Now this (04' GT leather)

DSCF0002.jpg

I still need to make some filler panels as it's not a perfect fit and fully mount the seats. I also need to remount the amp some where in the trunk.

Ok, so where is the best place to use the Luxury mat? I have a lot of exhaust drone and engine noise so I want to be able to utilize the small amount I have to the best. The Damplifier made a drastic improvement.

Good looking car. Awesome craftsmanship!

If you want face-melting bass, a sealed enclosure isn't ideal. However, you could still get decent output from a pair of 12s on 1000w or so. 1000w is about as much as I'd run on a 100A alty, and I'd recommend a second battery. Something small like a Kinetik HC800 would do. If I were in your shoes, I'd look into a pair of Kicker CVRs. They're inexpensive, but they sound great on about 500w and get plenty loud. Should work fine with your enclosure, too. Also, have you considered amping your front speakers?

I am not stuck on this sub box as I am not too happ about how it looks in the car. I will look at the Kickers, they had some hard hitting small box ones I was looking at but can't remember the model name. I bridged my amp and good god did it it TONS harder but drains my alt. I do want to amp the front speakers but they get plenty loud for the rest of the system. Everything actually sounds pretty clean for a bunch of cheap under powered stuff. I have a Kicker 4ch amp on my workbench I am going to try to use if it isnt damaged.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.