'65 Mustang recommendations

Hey all, new to the forum here and I'm trying to get ideas from people who have done high end installs in a classic Mustang, without tearing up the dash, doors, using speaker 'pods' in the kick panels, etc.

It's a fastback, and so I'm not adverse to drilling the trap door for pass through sound, the only speakers in the trunk area would be two 10" subs. I really can't go higher than that as they'll be forward firing.

Any suggestions, photos of installs, equipment used would be great to hear about.

Thanks!

Hey all, new to the forum here and I'm trying to get ideas from people who have done high end installs in a classic Mustang, without tearing up the dash, doors, using speaker 'pods' in the kick panels, etc.
It's a fastback, and so I'm not adverse to drilling the trap door for pass through sound, the only speakers in the trunk area would be two 10" subs. I really can't go higher than that as they'll be forward firing.

Any suggestions, photos of installs, equipment used would be great to hear about.

Thanks!
You prolly have better chances finding someone used to classic cars on the diyma forum.

Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Thanks!
Seen a handful of classics over at Steve Meade forum. Can't see why you're opposed to pods at the kickpanel though. Seems the least invasive if you build something to replace the factory kickpanels that you can simply remove if you want to go back to stock. Not sure what those things had for head unit space, probably old two-knobber. IDK if anybody makes a modern one anymore (they used to make some that would fit those dashboards and control a CD changer) though I believe JBL makes a bluetooth amp so you could use a phone or tablet as source anyway.

Also not sure when the last time you did any real audio was (if ever) but you really don't need pairs of woofers these days, particularly if you aren't running gobs of power or an unusual mounting space. You'd be really surprised what a single high quality sub in a properly designed box can accomplish.

Post pics of the car please if you get a chance.

Don’t cut anything! RCA’s to phone or tablet. Glass some kicks (use 1/4” plywood for a form made from cardboard form) the kicks are really simple OE pieces anyway. Run a 8” or 10” in a ported box. I have a 64 1/2 coupe and this is what I did.

And you might want to deaden the vehicle as much as you are willing to spend and do... the last classic I did was a 64 T-Bird, what a rattle trap until it was deadened!

Thanks!
I have nice installs in several of my classic cars ..Send me a message and I can send you some install pics ..I have over 100 first place trophies from various car shows as well ..I’m in the process of redoing my 86 Porsche Carrera targa right now ..

I'm trying to keep this as stock looking as possible in the cabin (that's why no speaker pods //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif )

I'll be using OEM speaker grills in the doors and hopefully the kick panels as I've seen those placed there before.

I have dynamat for the body and boommat for under the headliner, so I think I'm good there. When the interior is stripped that's when that'll be done as well as getting the dash back to original form (the PO cut the dash in the 80's,,,).

I'll post up photos after she's all done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.