6.5 wont fit,have to go with 6x8's..what brand?

66ca
10+ year member

i took the door panel off and tried to see if a 6.5 would fit,and there is just about no way. Soooooo, i will just have to replace with a nice 6x8 and i need some ideas on a good set. Im not looking to enter in a competition,but i would like better sound than what i have with the factory. I will be using an amp (havent bought yet) that will be anywhere from 120 to 200 per side. Any ideas on a brand i should be looking at?

i dont see how. i will try and do my best to describe what it looks like in there

with the door panel off you can see that the 6x8 is screwed to a plastic "adapter" ,in which the adapter is screwed to the door. The adapter is the same shape as the 6x8. The only thing is,the door isnt flat. the plastic adapter is molded to fit the contour of the door. the adapter is about2" deep and there is about an inch or so behind that before you start getting too close to the window stuff. I understand what you guys are saying about making a baffle....but im not sure how close the door panel is to the speaker once its installed. So by putting in a set of comps,dont you need some room for the speaker to move a little?

guess i will buy a pair of PG 65's and try and make a baffle...if it doesnt work or i can figure it out,then ill just buy a set of 6x8's

Pioneer REV 6x8's are really nice....and will fit....they have some nice low end bass response the problem with the baffle on the stock plastic adapter is it moves the 6.5 closer to the factory door panel....where the surround excursion of the 6.5 will hit against the door grill....

Im not sure about the 05 Stang, but I know what your talking about with that plastic baffle. I have it in my 04 Crown Vic. Its removable in my car, just take out the screws.

A adapter will work as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.