6 1/2"Component suggestion's for my car?

Indybassman
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Yeah,guy's I've got a 2001'Plymouth Neon LX Sedan.It's door speaker locations hold 6 3/4".Bu,I'am go with 6 1/2's to give me more choices.My rear deck holds 6"x9's.My 4-channel amp is a Audiobahn(A6004T)75Wx4@4ohms stereo

My component budget is about $200-340.00/set

My H/U is a Alpine(CDA-9831)

Thanks,Clint

Oh and I forgot...

Keep your eyes out for reviews on elemental designs new components. They just started shipping and people should have them and posting reviews in a few days. They are around $300.

Oh and I forgot...Keep your eyes out for reviews on elemental designs new components. They just started shipping and people should have them and posting reviews in a few days. They are around $300.
I don't know if eD can be trusted anymore. Their fiasco with the pre-order sale...

i wouldnt use the ed comps anyway. after all they are built by cdt and use the hd cast basket but with a lesser grade motor and the vc,surround,and cone are diff

i wouldnt use the ed comps anyway. after all they are built by cdt and use the hd cast basket but with a lesser grade motor and the vc,surround,and cone are diff
And this info is based on...?

And what pre-order fiasco? It was ONLY this forum that blew the whole thing out of proportion. It was a preorder for foks sake! Thats why you get a good deal on it! Because things can go wrong and delay stuff! Again, it was ONLY this forum who had the kind of response to it as you did, now making ED seem unreputable, completely untrue. The EDi's ARE shipping NOW.

im a cdt dealer and have asked cdt myself. ed even states on there site that cdt is the builder of them, but kinda bad mouths cdt toward the end. they say u get a longer warranty over the cdt;s when in fact cdt has an extra year! For the same price i would much rather get the cdt hd series with a longer warranty and a set that can take more power from a company that is very easy to deal with.

im a cdt dealer and have asked cdt myself. ed even states on there site that cdt is the builder of them, but kinda bad mouths cdt toward the end. they say u get a longer warranty over the cdt;s when in fact cdt has an extra year! For the same price i would much rather get the cdt hd series with a longer warranty and a set that can take more power from a company that is very easy to deal with.
Yes they are build by CDT but what about the motor is lesser grade?

And power handling is not an exact science, with the SAME speaker, two companies may rate them differently. The lower you rate the power, the less you will see come back blown. On top of that, ED has been known to underrate their drivers.

I would take a set of classic CDTs for $150 over Hex any day of the week. I've heard both side by side, and the hex are for those who like their ears to bleed. Very very harsh speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.