Question.

HHawk
10+ year member

aka the Bacardi Man...
I blew my 4 crossovers (and prolly also the 4 kickbass speakers) of my 2 component CDT Audio ES-620 sets... Long story and not (yet) in the mood of doing explaining, pretty pissed off about it...

Anyways if they are beyond repair, what would you recommend as component sets for my SoundStream Tarantula 500/4? It delivers 4x125W RMS.

The music I listen too mostly is: Hardtrance, trance and techno-kind of music, but also music with vocals.

The component sets need to be capable of handling the power output of the Tarantula, also I'm looking for speakers who can handle high volumes without getting distorted or something.

Of course I would love to buy back CDT's, but I just ain't got the money for it, to be honest.

Now after doing some research, I found the following sets being quite interesting:

- Boston Accoustics ProSeries 6.5 System

- Polk Audio MM6

- Image Dynamics CXS6 (4 Ohms version)

- Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

What would you choose? Or do you have a better suggestion?

Please let me know.

Go with the Boston Acoustics Pro6.5 comp set. I had an 800w RMS amp on mine and they handled it just fine......so your Trantula shouldn't be a problem for them. And let me tell you, they got **** loud. They would seriously make your ears pop, and could get louder than I could have ever needed. Best part is, they sounded **** good too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif At extremely high volumes the tweet got a little harsh. But mine were off axis also. I wish I hadn't sold them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Anybody has some good experiences with this brand component sets:

Image Dynamics CXS6 Chameleons 4 ohms?

And how good are Elemental Designs' products in general?

Cause I know their subwoofers are good, but how about there component speakers?

Especially the eD6500s.

Anybody has some good experiences with this brand component sets:
Image Dynamics CXS6 Chameleons 4 ohms?
Tons of ppl use them and love them.

And how good are Elemental Designs' products in general?Cause I know their subwoofers are good, but how about there component speakers?
LOL.........You don't wanna go there. Do a search for eD, you'll find what I am talking about.

Especially the eD6500s.
They are built by CDT, so they can't be too bad.

Oh well, nevermind eD since they are already giving me a hard time on payment options...

Anybody tried or has Stereo Integrity's 327 Component speakers?

Cause I know there subwoofers are great quality and it would be easier to buy from one point, though their component sets aren't the cheapest around. But quality comes at a price....

Keep in mind the components will be powered by a SoundStream Tarantula 500/4 (4x125W RMS @ 4 Ohms).

Thnx.

Yeah? I didn't know that... That's cool though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yeah? I didn't know that... That's cool though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Shot me a pm man. I may be able to get your cdt's warrantied for ya! Just tell me what happened and ill see what i can do for u.

I'm running 300 watts and having no problems with my hd-62cf's. I find it strange the crossover went out. I'd just buy new crossovers or if they're under warranty take that route.

Problem is I don't live in the USA... So shipping them back to the States is a tad expensive for me... But I'll will check them first, if they can be repaired, otherwise I will have to look for 2 new sets definitely... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Thanks for the great help so far...!

I contacted CDT Audio, they recommended me to send them to their Swedish office.

Hopefully they can be fixed, or replaced for a low price.

Anyways that would save me money from buying new component sets. In worst case scenario I would need to buy new ones... Bah

I guess my mouth was too big... I blew already 2 original car speakers! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Anyways I will send my CDT kickbass/woofer speakers to Sweden in hope of getting them repaired, so I can resell them again. Cause I really had it with those speakers. My own fault probably. Oh well.

Currently I'm considering buying 2x Oz Audio Matrix 180 CS component systems, they are very helpful and everything and providing me with good information. Though I can hardly find any reviews of the Oz Audio 180 CS component systems. Are they any good? And with what other good brands are they comparable.

Thanks again guys for your time with this.

Since my CDT EuroSports ES-620 Components got blown, I am thinking about purchasing 2 new sets.

Which of these 2 is a better choice?

- Dynaudio 240 GT / Dynaudio 240 MKII http://www.dynaudiousa.com/products/car/2way.htm

or

- Oz Audio Matrix Elite 180 CS http://jti-innovation.com/oz/oz_prod_matrix180.htm#180cs

Is there a big quality difference or are both good?

Also take the following in consideration; the amplifier which is going to power them, is a SoundStream Tarantula 500/4 (4x125W RMS at 4 Ohms or 4x250W RMS at 2 Ohms).

Also take the following in consideration, when comparing both sets and giving me an (detailed) answer;

If I would go for the Dynaudio I would have to pay 549 Euro's (~670 Dollars) a set, but I have full waranty since I'm buying them in my country (the Netherlands).

If I would go for Oz Audio, I would have to 750 Dollars for 2 sets, that's shipping & handling included (USA ordering)! But no full warranty, since I would buy them directly from them.

So there is a big difference in price. I don't give much about warranty, but I do care about my money. And the price difference is a lot. So if there aren't too big differences in audio quality and they perform both as well. I think I know what my decision will be....

- Edit: Ignore the prices for the moment, I can get a good deal on the Dynaudio's. 2 sets for 770 USD incl. shipping and handling.

What would be your choice? The Dynaudio's or Oz Audio's?

Please answer me asap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.