5 Channel Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

showtm490
10+ year member

GA
Just purchased a 2020 Pacifica and ready to upgrade. I'm looking to add a five channel to power four 6x9's, two 3.5's and one 10 or 12 at 2ohms. I've narrowed it down between the AudioControl LC-5.1300, the Rockford T1000X5ad and the Focal FPX 5.1200. I'm going for budget SQ and was told by the local shop the AudioControl is the best bet but it's what they sell. Which would you choose?

The speakers we're looking to use are the ....
Kicker 48TRTP122 or Dayton Audio 10 Reference DVC - Needing to keep as much truck space as possible for wheelchair.
Alpine R-S69.2 - Doors
Kenwood KFC-X3C - Dash

I'm also considering components in the doors instead of the 6x9's. Possibly not adding the 3.5's back in the dash since they fire into the windshield. I have the base system but there's a speaker hole in the middle of the dash for the upgraded HK systems. I may add a speaker there though for a center channel.

Any suggestions? I'm wanting to stay under $2k.

Attachments

• 2021-03-19 16.13.26.jpg
    2021-03-19 16.13.26.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 72
As far as the amps, I think you’re fine with either. All are good options. I would just do a 2-way active set up up front (4 channels) and use the 5th for substage.

Focal FDP 6.900 is designed by Zed Audio and very nice. Got one in my Jeep and another in my pickup. 'They make about the same power as the Zed Leviathan and have even more flexible crossover/pre-amp options plus remote gain for the sub channel.
Not sure about the other model or if they still sell the FDP line but I'm pretty sure Focal doesn't sell junk either way.

Audiocotrol has also always been a good name as is Rockford. If you think you need more power DD probably still makes a 5 channel with a very beefy sub channel and DD amps are also rock solid. Alpine PDX series should also have 5 channel option which should perform well.

Sounds like you're budgeting enough to keep out of the junk brands so pick whichever one you like the looks of and you probably won't be disappointed. Any of that should perform as advertised.

Thank you.

The DD D5.1500 looks like an awesome amp. The nearest dealer is 1.5hrs a way but worth looking at.
4ohm (Ch 1-4) 125x4 / (CH 5) 680x1
2ohm (CH 1-4) 180x4 / (CH 5) 1000x1
1ohm (CH 5) 1500x1

I didn't factor in needing a signal processor which is built into the AudioControl D5.1300 for $1100.

After reading more I'm going to just run front speakers with a sub. My rear doors I'll leave just for fill. With that being said I can spend what I was on the rears for better fronts. Checking out Crutchfield these fit my doors. The tweeters I'll need to decide to mount either in the A pillar, the door or where the 3.5's goes in the dash. Or would you still run the Kenwood 3.5's in the factory dash locations off the head unit?
Audiofrog G60S
JL Audio C2-600
Morel Maximo Ultra 502

Thank you again for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.