4th order for 2 orion 12s box ratio help needed

That would prob work. I can check it in BBP after work. I was surprised how small of a sealed chamber these subs want.
Im curious as what to look for in Winisd... the low end extension sux on the graph. Im seeing big differences in how it looks vs ported and the center peak is crazy high. I suppose I should learn BB6 myself as I've already got it installed on my computer. I've been learning Sketchup lately now comes another headache!

Im curious as what to look for in Winisd... the low end extension sux on the graph. Im seeing big differences in how it looks vs ported and the center peak is crazy high. I suppose I should learn BB6 myself as I've already got it installed on my computer. I've been learning Sketchup lately now comes another headache!
Bbp6 is very similar to winisd. I like it because of the huge database it comes with and it lets you sort of plot in car response. It also seems more accurate than winisd. The in car response part is a huge diffetence one you add cabin gain.

Interesting......

When I was playing with the numbers last night I was using a 3 chambered box. 2 sealed chambers on the ends firing towards each other. When I plot them as a 2 chamber box like how @shredder2 drew them, they don't reach xmax as easy. I plotted .79/3.37, 1.19/4.61 and 1/3cf and they are all under xmax by at least 2mm. I had no idea BBP took the effects of the different chambers like that.

UagFfvC.png

https://i.imgur.com/UagFfvC.png

red line is .79/3.37

yellow is 1.19/4.61

green is 1/3

blue is 3 chamber box 1/3

note the cone displacement on the blue line darkening above 12mm to show it's past xmax.

all tuned to 47hz and plotted with 1200w.

Yes, either of his last 2 designs should work great for your subs.
What a mutha... I've got 4 designs now...

bQCiMS.jpg

4EpVPs.jpg

Vm6F0y.jpg

ywIWjJ.jpg

I suppose I should have thrown in the towel earlier... I saw the excursion lessen after l read PM's quote. I thought the second to last looked the best to me of all the ones I did. That's the 3.88:1 46hz tuned one.

Ok dope, i just need measurements now, Shredder how much do you charge
Nothing... lol... send me a PM with your email and give me some time to explode and dimension the thing and I'll send it by email.

These things are swiss watches... which one you like? The 3.88:1 is gonna look the best but be a "B" to build

This is what got sent...

ZhPkji.jpg

UYi2s8.jpg

This is what got built...

h0eFsw.jpg

I ran #'s and came up with 1.28ft3 sealed/2.48ft3 vented...85in2 of port 28.47" long tuned about 70hz, and he says it's all lows no highs like the last box he had, the thing is missing parts, subs mounted backwards on the wrong side of the baffle and hacked together... hopefully It can be fixed... IDK... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

I sent you a bunch of emails today... read em please

I figured you might be on the forum... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.